New Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency And Endless Possibilities For The Future

Sometime after NM releases their Flagship SMF/SSF detector I think we will see their rejoinder to the Vanquish & Ace Apex lines.

• Like 1

I've been away for awhile and I know Steve (before even I left for 'vacation', let alone when he left) was contemplating changing some of the forum rules.  (I just noticed you don't see user lifetime 'likes' on posts, so obviously changes have been made).

My question is about the subforum title and the comments.  This thread is in the Nokta/Makro sub-forum.  It used to be that this meant mentioning other detector manufacturers (in a let's just call it 'competitive' way) was off-premise and should rather be in the Advice and Comparisons sub-forum.  So, has all this changed while I wasn't paying attention?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, village said:

ok you are right again...

I'm not right, I'm simply connecting the NM release dots and projecting.  I need to see a leap before I project a leap.  Otherwise credibility is lost.  Everyone is free to get up here and say what they want.  I can't predict the future but I can be both optimistic and pragmatic in my thoughts and projections vs. simply cheerleading by emotion and desire.  The name of tge game in this business is what have you done for me lately and is your machine still relevant 2, 3, 5 years later.

Garrett definitely made a leap by delivering a detector that had features never introduced previously by them - a machine with user installed firmware updates that was not only multiple selectable single frequency (a first for Garrett) but also Simultaneous Multifrequency (another first for Garrett not yet achieved by NM).  They lulled us to sleep with the warmed over AT Pro release in 2017 called the AT Max  so the Apex release was truly surprising even if it only really broke new technologucal ground for Garrett vs. detecting in general.  But it showed Garrett now had a competitive pulse to at least cause ML to sit up and take notice.

Let's look at NM since 2017...

2017 - Impact - Full featured, multiple selectable frequency machine but lacking a waterproof enclosure and a little heavy.  Nice.

2018 - Kruzer Series - A trio of lightweight multi selectable frequency, coin, and gold detectors that were light weight and waterproof with mid-range features a decent performance.  And Anfibio - multiple selectable SF that is waterproof and is almost an Impact in terms of features (what the Impact should have been), but still a little on the heavy side.

2019 - Simplex+ - full featured, value priced, light, and waterproof single frequency detector.  The innovations being price and light weight.  But not really a leap. 

In fact, everything from NM since Impact has been evolutionary not revolutionary.  Decent machines, but are they taking a bite out of ML and its Equinox juggernaut? (Answer: not really). 

So the question is can and will they make a significant leap in late 2021 or early 2022 with their next detector release which will hopefully be simultaneous multifrequency.  We will see...  I am rooting for them but time and market share are slipping away.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I've been away for awhile and I know Steve (before even I left for 'vacation', let alone when he left) was contemplating changing some of the forum rules.  (I just noticed you don't see user lifetime 'likes' on posts, so obviously changes have been made).

My question is about the subforum title and the comments.  This thread is in the Nokta/Makro sub-forum.  It used to be that this meant mentioning other detector manufacturers (in a let's just call it 'competitive' way) was off-premise and should rather be in the Advice and Comparisons sub-forum.  So, has all this changed while I wasn't paying attention?

The original poster gave us a full buffet of manufacturers and models in their first post, so the door was opened wide and the topic has so far not been moved under the Advice and Comparison heading, especially since Steve is away from the internet presently.

All I can say is that Nokta Makro would need some absolutely beyond brilliant engineers/physicists to come up with technology that can equal or surpass what Minelab has achieved so far. If they can do that without infringing on existing legal patents, that will be amazing. I have my doubts. The same goes for Garrett. I wish them all well.

I am not an engineer or a physicist. However it appears to me that if simultaneous multi frequency VLF operation was so easy to successfully engineer why has Minelab been struggling with it, improving it and pouring so much money into their SMF development for over 20 years. The Equinox will work very well on all conductive targets in a wide range of sizes in almost all detecting situations and soil conditions (even bed of nails if one uses the 6" coil carefully and with thoughtful settings.) The same cannot be said for the Vanquish, Minelab’s previous SMF detectors, the APEX, the earlier White's models or the Fisher CZs. They all have shortcomings that keep them from being as versatile as the Equinox.

In my opinion, Nokta Makro are capable and determined to make very high quality detectors. So far, they have succeeded in doing that but they have not done anything that approaches the spectacular. Maybe they will surprise me. I wish Nokta Makro good luck in their attempt to surpass the Equinox.............

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

If Garret would have announced SMF coming from them, lot of what has been said here    would be said of Garrett.  Lot of things have to be right in SMF detector. GB, tones, noise !!! , the making it updatable probably not hard.  Also something to consider.  Could a manufacturer make a SMF detector (updatable) and fall short on it’s future ability to be updated.  So a platform could be used for say years if done right maybe.  Manufacturer could box themselves in if not careful.  It will be interesting also to see what lingo they decide on when talking of the detector adjustments.  You know maybe what they call Minelab’s iron bias I.e.  What about different sized coils?  This has to be considered in the engineering of detector.  Again could a manufacturer box themselves in just thinking if stock coil useage.  Lot of things to be serious thinking about when you go on this what could be a worldly venture.  All eyes will be on whatever unit they make.  Microscope on unit really.  We already know what will happen.  Folks will grab Deus, Nox and Apex and start doing comparisons and the net will flood with opinions, etc.  Tough market out there.  Fewer hiccups the better.  And for darn sure don’t ship them out and have to have them ship back.  Instant kill shot if that were to happen.  Especially months several weeks later after release.  I wish them well.  The bar has been set !!

The signal processing is the key to useable performance,

• Like 3

Dont forget that XP is coming with a new SMF machine . There will be competitors for the new NM  machine in the field ... On the other hand competition is always good for the end users ...

28 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Dont forget that XP is coming with a new SMF machine .

That rumor has been going on longer than NM's SMF naming contest yet, unlike NM, XP has said nothing official about it that I am aware of.  Instead, all we have seen are the Orx and the x35 coils.  If you have anything more concrete regarding XP's SMF efforts from your proximity to XP as a French detectorist, please post a link or other corroborating information in the XP or Detector Comparison forums.  Let's try to keep the thread focused on Nokta's SMF efforts, so if you mention other manufacturers in this thread, do so in that context.

Despite delays, at least Dilek has made consistent official announcements and updates in Videos and posts about NM's intentions regarding developing a SMF detector, while XP has made no such announcement to my knowledge and frankly has had trouble simply keeping up with demand for existing products and hasn't even been able to get their Android companion detecting app on the Street that they announced nearly 5 years ago.  So I need to see some more concrete evidence XP is doing something developmental before the enter into the SMF conversation.

• Like 1