New Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency And Endless Possibilities For The Future

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

That rumor has been going on longer than NM's SMF naming contest yet, unlike NM, XP has said nothing official about it that I am aware of.  Instead, all we have seen are the Orx and the x35 coils.  If you have anything more concrete regarding XP's SMF efforts from your proximity to XP as a French detectorist, please post a link or other corroborating information in the XP or Detector Comparison forums.  Let's try to keep the thread focused on Nokta's SMF efforts, so if you mention other manufacturers in this thread, do so in that context.

Despite delays, at least Dilek has made consistent official announcements and updates in Videos and posts about NM's intentions regarding developing a SMF detector, while XP has made no such announcement to my knowledge and frankly has had trouble simply keeping up with demand for existing products and hasn't even been able to get their Android companion detecting app on tge Street that they announced nearly 5 years ago.

For the moment I have just feedbacks from French dealers saying that the XP SMF machine is on the way , I will try to have more detailed infos ... 🙂

• Like 4

I don't expect too much from this multifrequency machine. With the Kruzer and Anfibio series (I own a Multi Kruzer) NM has even not managed to implement a simple noise filter, so 3 tone mode with 14 kHz is working good, but all other modes suffer from chattering (also 5 and 19 kHz) on normal conditions. It's so bad that you won't use these modes in the long run. And in 3 tone you can only work above gain 90 because below there is an hidden "ultra fast" mode which has less depth.

If you look to the Racer series, the Impact, the Kruzer, Anfibio and Simplex, it looks like they wrap up the same technology and sell it again and again as a new machine but in the core it's always the same without real improvement. I was so shocked when one year after I buyed the Multi Kruzer the similar Anfibio with some more features came out. Until today I don't understand it, because the Kruzer has an online update feature (which was highly promoted) and I have not seen a new update for a long time. In other words it's one of these useless features you pay for, but from which you have expected more. I don't want to complain, the Multi Kruzer has a good choice of coils and makes good finds, but only this one 3 tone mode (with gain above 90) is really usable and maybe I would have also been happy with an only 14 kHz Racer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jacza said:

I don't expect too much from this multifrequency machine. With the Kruzer and Anfibio series (I own a Multi Kruzer) NM has even not managed to implement a simple noise filter, so 3 tone mode with 14 kHz is working good, but all other modes suffer from chattering (also 5 and 19 kHz) on normal conditions. It's so bad that you won't use these modes in the long run. And in 3 tone you can only work above gain 90 because below there is an hidden "ultra fast" mode which has less depth.

Yes I agree,  for example the Apex has five tones, the same for the Vanquish 540 ... But it is not the only one , the XP Orx has only 3 tones ...  I hope that the new NM SMF will have at least 5 tones ...

50 minutes ago, Jacza said:

If you will experiment with the other Modes with modest Gain settings(50-70) I think you will find the detector will run stable AND have surprising depth & target resolution. Each mode IS different in how it handles EMI, mineralization, & Iron falsing. When you add to this the selection of Frequency & coil choices it is a very capable detector in a wide range of scenarios.

• Like 6

So you're saying the honeymoon is over?  If real marriages were this tough we'd have even more divorce lawyers than already exist.  I wish once we'd have posters wait for a product to get into people's hands before flouting it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious about what this new machine will offer. Kind of expecting a simplex with SMF. Not committed 

to getting until I see reviews from trusted users , and not NM sponsored you tubers. 
 I’ve been thoroughly spoiled by XP Deus / Orx lightness and portability with great performance. I wonder if XP could just add SMF as an upgrade program on existing Deus?  Without the need to put it into a new package. Even if it was an upgrade you

have to pay for to get. ? 

• 3 weeks later...

At this point I will evaluate when or if it comes out. Right now it's like wishing your rooster will lay an egg. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that has always impressed me, and which seems to be an indicator of just how complex SMF is, is the fact that to my knowledge and last I looked there’s not a single SMF DIY circuit in the wild. This tells me it’s not something just anyone can do. It takes a special kind of talent. 

One of the things that makes Minelab so effective at making these platforms is It’s their baby and they believe in it. They believe in it to such an extent that it’s becoming their entire VLF product line. Years ago when Garrett was dragging its feet on SMF and even recently from NM we’ve heard that SMF is not always the best solution and similar ways of minimizing the technology. If they don’t believe in it the way Minelab does, will they ensure they put everything they have into it? Idk.

Reaction to the Apex seems to me to be lukewarm and not just because it’s not waterproof. It just seems like an “also ran” type of effort just to put something out there, and not something they really believed was better than current inventory.  I think people are hoping for something better than Apex from NM. I just wonder if that’s possible right now, or if we will keep seeing more delays. These delays may not be like the relatively short delays of the past. Look how long this issue has had First Texas stumped and they have guys that have done this before and believe in it. Dave Johnson once thought it would completely overtake single frequency. We know Carl is enthusiastic about it. SMF is a whole different ball game. So much more can go wrong and so much more can be unforeseen, particularly if you’re not convinced you believe in it. I’m rooting for them though. 

• Like 1

The fisher CZ line ran at 5 and 15 khz and they were fixed and not selectable. So to me they were the first to run a dual freq simultaneously.  Too bad fisher isn't trying to consolidate one if those into a smaller lighter package with a DD coil and waterproof. It would sell very well.

1 hour ago, bigtim1973 said:

The fisher CZ line ran at 5 and 15 khz and they were fixed and not selectable. So to me they were the first to run a dual freq simultaneously.  Too bad fisher isn't trying to consolidate one if those into a smaller lighter package with a DD coil and waterproof. It would sell very well.

The lack of ingenuity by FTP in regards to the CZ line of SMF detectors is stunning. Many on this forum have been begging FTP to do something.....anything to the CZs. They have managed to clone, rebadge, redesign the control box housing somewhat and add some features to most of their detectors. If they had just done any of that to the CZ 20, CZ 21 or the CZ 3D. The components used to produce those detectors are so old, I don't see how they still can keep making them without some serious board level component upgrades.

And then compare that to the Minelab Sovereign with BBS simultaneous multi frequency from 1991. The Sovs and the CZs look strikingly similar. Minelab definitely did not stand still and stop SMF development with the Sovereign, unlike FTP.

I have been testing another Garrett Ace Apex with the latest updated software for the last two weeks praying that it would be better than the first one I tested......... I sure hope Garrett does not stop there with their SMF technology.............. I am still singularly unimpressed with the Apex. I guess I have been spoiled by Minelab's SMF technologies.  I hope Nokta Makro really nails it with their SMF technology.

• Like 5