New Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency And Endless Possibilities For The Future

IMO, Dilek said what she could say (including some things that needed to be said).  Stock carbon fiber shaft -- that will be well received.

I wish someone had asked more about coils.  I wonder if they will make a concentric.  I hope they will allow aftermarket manufacturers to make coils for it.  They've done that pretty well in the past, I think.

She certainly made it 100% clear who their primarly competitor is (and specifically which detector), even though she was careful not to name names.  :biggrin:  The detecting world may be receiving an exciting Christmas present (fingers crossed).

• Like 2

The only thing I would question from the link I last posted is that the SMF machine would be lighter than the Simplex, which would seem impossible. Simplex weighs 2.9 ibs. To the Simplex housing you’re also adding an external battery in waterproof casing and presumably slightly more electronics. The weight from some of the latest  interviews of 3.8-3.9 pounds sounds more feasible. But then maybe it sounded as heavy to them as it does to some of us. I could see them trying to get it down to 3.5, but lighter than Simplex seems out of reach, though I can’t say anything for certain.

• Like 1

Worth the wait if it's going to be lighter and better.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, ☠ Cipher said:

...when it comes to hobby flagship if I had to choose between an Anfibio, F75 LTD, or an AT Max, without hesitation I’d have to pick the Anfibio. I might even pick the Simplex. These are things I hate to admit, but I have to. 

I stood by my F75 LTD/LTD2 for ten years, once I started testing the Red Racer, my sites that dried up w/the F75, came to life with the Red Racer, and every subsequent model (Racer 2, Impact, Multi Kruzer, etc).   Although I think there could be some minor improvements (such as a trigger switch, the pinpoint/trigger button is kind of lame IMO) I think overall the MMK is a fantastic machine, best of the Racer series and the Impact combined in a light weight, well balanced water proof unit, wireless, etc.  Mine punches deep, and does great in iron.  Between it and the EQX800, I believe the two machines can sanitize a site 🙂

• Like 3

The way I see it, their SMF project was let out of the proverbial bag 3-4 years ago when they admitted they were working on one, BUT it wasn't a priority [at that point in time]. 

Subsequently when they announced and showed the Simplex at Detectival a couple of years ago, Dikel stated they'd use it's physical housing package for their SMF product, but no further details surfaced.  The Simplex housing was now a test mule in a high volume product that would surely get any kinks worked out over the next couple of years

Since then they had a naming contest, and have continued to tout that it's focus is to dethrone the EQX800. 

More recently Dilek has said it will be very competitively priced, less then the EQX800.  Stated it would have a 11" stock coil, and a 6" optional coil.  Also will be offering a "Pro Pack" no doubt bundling both coils and some other accessories (perhaps a wireless pinpointer that integrates with the SMF???). 

I suspect if they want to hit a serious home run with their foray into the SMF arena, assuming they have a good product [no doubt they will have something] they should price it around the same price as the Apex.  Equinox 800 performance and capabilities for the price of an Ace Apex, wow that would be a home run IMHO.  Perhaps the Pro Pack priced around the same as a Equinox 600.  Who would by a EQX600 when for the same price they could get two coils [pinpointer?] and a better[?] detector for the same price. 

• Like 3