About Me: Golden Pennies Prospecting

Golden pennies

Hello,

I think I am supposed to share a bit about myself so you all know who you're talking to. I live in Southwest Washington and became a treasure hunter at a very young age, digging old outhouses and wells for bottles when I was a preteen, more than four decades ago. I recently took up treasure hunting on a trip to Alaska when I decided to buy a gold pan and see what I could find. That was about 5 years ago, and I have since gold prospected many states and purchased a gold monster 1000 a couple years ago which I've used successfully most recently in Puerto Rico. Several months ago My wife surprised me with my first general use metal detector, a Garrett 300, and last month I purchased an Equinox 800. I'm quite new to metal detecting and have a lot to learn. I've attached a few pictures of recent finds. I started a little YouTube channel to document my activity, and it's listed under golden pennies prospecting. Looking forward to connecting with all of you. Thanks for having me in the forum!

Troy

PXL_20210608_011947120.jpg

IMG_20210424_112017.jpg

IMG_20210407_143131_784.jpg

IMG_20191117_061833_209.jpg

PXL_20210605_003258898.jpg

youtube thumbnail.gif

• Like 8

Troy,

Welcome to the forum and what a great read with some nice photos of your finds.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Hello Troy,

And welcome! Nice to see the "bug" never left you! Many of us took too long a break for other things; but here we all are! 

Like was said above, "your doin' fine"! Keep up the good work! The 800 should serve you well! Especially with all the info on the forum about it, to help you out! And the people too!!👍👍

• Like 2

On 7/1/2021 at 4:58 AM, Golden pennies said:

I'm quite new to metal detecting and have a lot to learn. I've attached a few pictures of recent finds.

Welcome, Troy!  Learning is half the fun.  Looks like you're off to a very good start, based upon you finds photos.  You mentioned using the ML Gold Monster 1000 in Puerto Rico.  Was that for natural gold, beach jewelry, or ??

• Like 1

Welcome Troy, So glad you decided on DP. Looks like you have found some great stuff over the years. Just my two cents on the 800, keep it simple and you will do really well in the coin department. Looking forward to your future posts, Coins, bottles or gold it's all good to me.

• Like 1