Bullseye Trx Price Continues To Climb

Don’t ask me why, but I continue to monitor the closing sales of the TRX since Whites closed its doors. The last two new models went for $380 and $400, with a pre-owned closing at $250. Closing sales for new have been over $300 for a while now. It makes me wish I had the foresight to buy a few a while back, but who would’ve guessed people would be willing to shell out $400 for a pinpointer. I still have one TRX, but wouldn’t sell it now for even $500. 

A39A5D16-0C12-4780-93E7-0CB6E426D9C4.thumb.png.a5a5bff4d3d76c6b00e40b3e300f88ed.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight.  I personally would never have guessed that the prices would increased to such a level.  I too have one in my repertoire of equipment, am very satisfied with its performance and would not consider selling it under any circumstances.   If Garrett is monitoring the market, this should be a hint to them that bringing this product back onto the market could potentially be profitable.  However, the TRX would directly compete with Garretts own pin pointer which is also a problem for them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

If Garrett is monitoring the market, this should be a hint to them that bringing this product back onto the market could potentially be profitable.  However, the TRX would directly compete with Garretts own pin pointer which is also a problem for them.

I don't really understand why that is a problem.  Automobile companies have multiple models and seem to do just fine.  If, for example, the TRX works better than competitor company XYZ's pinpointer but that competitor model is superior (in the eyes and usage of the buyer, of course) to the Carrot, XYZ gets the sale if Garrett isn't selling TRX.

Last week I left my Carrot at a park (it fell out of my finds pouch) and realized that after it turned dark.  So I had a full night to think about what I would buy if I couldn't find the pinpointer the next morning.  (Fortunately my sister had been watching me recover my last find and retraced my steps -- eureka!)  In my 'what if' scenarios I was weighing the Nokta/Makro Pulse Dive vs. the First Texas PI's (Tekpoint and F-pulse).  Having the option of another TRX would have increased Garrett's chances of making a sale in my case.

• Like 3

Wow I was lucky to score a TRX from the USA after Whites closed for $100.  Happy I bought it, but I doubt I'll use it, I don't overly like it, I now have two of them 🙂

• Like 1

Cool pretty soon you can make an even trade for a bitcoin towards a TRX :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And now, referring to another recent post;

This (in my mind) is why NoMak is making another pinpointer! A pinpointer does not need a huge R&D commitment, like multi-freak, super depth, multiple coils, super light weight, having to play catch up with ML, etc.... detectors! It's already a compact package, with a limit of what can be fitted inside! Therefore, less costly to produce, sell, and ship! And a fairly consistent income stream! Especially if it's a hit with users! And let's not forget, in addition to Covid issues, there is also now, in recent months, electronics chip supply issues! Adding to the delay of even popular, mundane electronics!!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that several manufacturer's are starting to produce some of their own chips, to help prevent this problem in the future!

Another emerging issue is; who controls most of the raw materials for producing high output rechargeable batteries, that are used in most everything now! (Ex.  All the new electric cars in the process of flooding the market; but waiting on chipsets😳)!  I won't single them out here, but it's not the US! JMO🎱👍👍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Thanks for the insight.  I personally would never have guessed that the prices would increased to such a level.  I too have one in my repertoire of equipment, am very satisfied with its performance and would not consider selling it under any circumstances.   If Garrett is monitoring the market, this should be a hint to them that bringing this product back onto the market could potentially be profitable.  However, the TRX would directly compete with Garretts own pin pointer which is also a problem for them.

Printing money should never be a problem for establishment.

The TRX does not have to compete directly with the Propointer Garrett's  ... on the contrary, it can complement it appropriately ... but everything depends on the production economy.

• Like 4

There is a market for a pi pointer that can pick up small gold. No idea what kind they are making though.

• Like 2