Bullseye Trx Price Continues To Climb

4 hours ago, kac said:

There is a market for a pi pointer that can pick up small gold. No idea what kind they are making though.

Ive had a PI PP' and it cross talked badly with the my MD;s-I also had a garret PP and it cross talked even when it was off :wacko: :ph34r:

• Sad 1

I think Garrett should bring the TRX back to market. The TRX and the AT Pointer detect in two different ways, thus adding variety to the lineup. The TRX is built to detect off the tip in true pinpoint fashion. The AT detects all along the shaft and tip. Some prefer the tip, some prefer 360. Geotech had stated that space for a wireless module was left in the TRX for the future. Garrett could add Z-link and market it as the “Whites Bullseye TRX with Z-link by Garrett” or however they see fit to brand it anyway. 

Either way, it’s a special pinpointer. I can’t say what I’d pay to replace it if I had to. I’ve been through nearly all the top pinpointers and the only one I think compares to it range wise is the F-Pulse/Tek-Point. I’ll be using my Tek-point more often now so I don’t wear out the only TRX I have. 

• Like 6

I agree with much that has been said here. But here's my theory as to why Garrett isn't selling a TRX yet.

Much has been said about how the re-release of the TRX would cannibalize sales of the Carrot. But many of us here have said how it doesn't have to be that way. That's b/c of how different these two pinpointers are. I agree.

However, it's my assumption and understanding that the bulk of Garrett's sales go to customers who are just casual hobbyists. These are people who don't really care about the nuanced differences between the various pinpointers out there.

My guess is that Garrett's accountants projected what a TRX re-release would do to their overall revenue stream. And while they would sell plenty of TRXs to people like us, this gain was overshadowed by casual consumers buying the TRX instead of the Carrot and vice versa.

Just my theory.

Another theory is that they are currently in the process re-releasing the TRX, but are making some tweaks first, like Z-lynk wireless, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:01 PM, ☠ Cipher said:

I think Garrett should bring the TRX back to market. The TRX and the AT Pointer detect in two different ways, thus adding variety to the lineup. The TRX is built to detect off the tip in true pinpoint fashion. The AT detects all along the shaft and tip. Some prefer the tip, some prefer 360. Geotech had stated that space for a wireless module was left in the TRX for the future. Garrett could add Z-link and market it as the “Whites Bullseye TRX with Z-link by Garrett” or however they see fit to brand it anyway. 

Either way, it’s a special pinpointer. I can’t say what I’d pay to replace it if I had to. I’ve been through nearly all the top pinpointers and the only one I think compares to it range wise is the F-Pulse/Tek-Point. I’ll be using my Tek-point more often now so I don’t wear out the only TRX I have. 

I'm with Cipher. If I had to replace the TRX it would be a Fisher/Teknetics one. Except I do own a Ace Apex in the future (you never know).