Rye Nevada Gold With Eq800 & 1st Test Of Gpx6000

Aerospace guy

I don’t see where you said what coil you had on your Nox. When you say the 6000 folds up in what way are you talking about? The only pictures I’ve seen is it extended ready to use .

Chuck 

WTG on your Nox nuggets, AG. Thanks for braving the heat to learn from us the knowledge it takes to be a successful gold nugget detectorist. Best of luck on your future adventures.

Great job on learning from the best school and finding some gold. I plan to attend one of his schools when I can find the time to do it.

Good luck and happy hunting!

What coil were you using?

I KNEW I should have weighed the gold and taken pics next to a dime for perspective! Maybe Lunk could post a pic of the 6000 "folded up" as he was one of the instructors. It telescopes (handle/shaft) down to about 18 inches? Again Lunk could "share". I held it and it is perfectly balanced..a joy! It did better on smaller gold than the 7000 by far in my opinion. I did NOT post any pics of other students gold because it's their find not mine. A really nice "chevron" nugget was found by the owner of his new 6000...maybe he will post a pic of it if he sees this..hope so! Sorry...almost forgot we ALL were using 6 inch DD coils on the EQ. I would have been interested to see what the aftermarket coil everyone wants to buy but can't get would do...you know the one! Maybe I will find time to weigh later! I came home to find a whole inside house to finish painting....ah well!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aerospace guy said:

Upon reflection, I think it telescopes down to 12 inches or less! Again..ask Gerry's group!

The box says “26.5 in. when collapsed”, but I can shorten mine down to a mere 26-1/8 inches.🤣

DCD084D1-014D-4BD9-9974-44D3E852320E.thumb.jpeg.057092a4b729d1f116e8dc927d97d139.jpeg

9C31D4CE-E3F3-49C0-888B-1E60DB471F68.thumb.jpeg.664bbfc7618a87495e99476d53743bac.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It would been really great to make a video of all the Minlab’s on one site together running a test on one unknown target before digging it .

According to this post one detector still can’t do it all.

Chuck 

• Like 1