Rye Nevada Gold With Eq800 & 1st Test Of Gpx6000

There are. You have to work your way around them. There are still some spots to go

• Thanks 1

GotAU...there are claims ALL OVER in there from many clubs to including Taft, OC49ers etc. Saw a previous poster saying something about "hiking"...no no no! We all use side by sides etc. Yes you can park and hike from 'lower RRRC' to upper and we all have done that, but at my age I prefer riding right to dry washing or detecting area. This area is know as Goler Gulch and you can read about the found and lost gold. Many years later the upside down rifle John Goler left to mark the gold was found...1917 I believe...not sure of exact date.

• Like 1

Goler Gulch still has good spots but not accessible by ATV. The easy gold is gone, you need to hike to some areas to get rewarded. Best to do in winter. But don't ask me to show you where they are. I still want to grab some more with the 6000 😉

GC

PS: I am a member of Taft, PCSC, GPAA and a few others. Their claims are mostly around Benson Gulch, not Goler. The inner portions of Goler are not club claims.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

“…don't ask me to show you where they are. I still want to grab some more with the 6000 😉

Well, you better hurry then!  😁

Naw, I really just have a Nox and GM, and a Thompson.  I made a promise to myself, and to my better half, that I’d only replace a detector if it paid for itself or if it was hopelessly broken.  The later is my caviot to getting a 6000 - “oops….  honey, I ‘accidentally’ ran it over and I don’t think it can be fixed!” 🥲😔

After reading and hearing about the area,  I realize it is heavily claimed and worked.  Jim Straight certainly wrote a lot about it to peak my interest. Having never worked the El Paso’s  before, for my first trip I’d just plan to bring topo and geology maps and tour the area first to get an idea of access roads and the geology of the area. Then maybe I’d try a bit of detecting or sample drywashing on the club claims or remote open areas that look interesting where I can legally go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ridge Runner et all, one last comment, that is I read one comment saying "one machine can't do it all". The 6000 did not pick up on the tiniest gold but did a great job on a little larger gold. If someone wants to take the time to actually weigh gold and then record what machine detected what, then you would have some definitive results. The 6000 will detect at depth pieces the EQ800 won't and the EQ will pick up very very small gold that the 6000 won't. My question is what depth will a 6000 pick up in comparison to a 7000? So far, I don't have and adequate answer but as data comes in hopefully I will and I can make a decision as to weather the 6000 is a "purchase" for me.

Some people commented that they were considering training with Gerry with their EQ. I think it is beneficial and you can see in the field what all the detectors present sound like over the target before digging. That's as close to a video as you will get at this time. However, Rye Patch is probably NOT going to have "big" targets to compare (which is what I want to see) only "smaller" sizes. Those of you who dry wash and classify will understand  what I'm going to say next about sizes and that is, the 6000 picked up gold in the +12 range and of course +8 range and  when we got to +20 the 6000 was "hit-or-miss...sometimes it would pick it up and sometimes not depending on size, density and depth and position of gold (flat on edge etc). The -20 size I never heard the 6000 pick up...but do you really need it to do that?

I'm hoping for some posts on size  weight and depth for the 6000 (hint Purple) so I can compare to a 7000. The 6000 is so much lighter better balanced that if it can compete (somewhat) with a 7000 I would consider it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:32 AM, Ridge Runner said:

It would been really great to make a video of all the Minlab’s on one site together running a test on one unknown target before digging it .

According to this post one detector still can’t do it all.

Chuck 

Ridgerunner..see "afresakofnature" about GPX6000! I only said 6000did not detect REALLY TINY gold..

• Thanks 1