Rye Nevada Gold With Eq800 & 1st Test Of Gpx6000

I was in Colorado about a month+ ago , this was an old load/hardrock claim , a very small creek between 2' - 6' wide & 3" - 6" deep , so not what I would call a placer claim at all [ not enough water to wash / have placer gold ] and doing any prospecting / mining in CO .

To me it seemed like lots of hot-rocks , between hotrocks & all the man made metal , I played more with sluice .

So looking at the 6000 , or other gold nugget detectors , it seems they are much better at not seeing the hotrocks ?

Then the issue of not familiar with the NOX enough , almost exclusively using on beaches so far & just using pre programmed settings , need to have more time to figure adjusting for prospecting in that are , now not until next spring ;(   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KD0CAC said:

I was in Colorado about a month+ ago , this was an old load/hardrock claim , a very small creek between 2' - 6' wide & 3" - 6" deep , so not what I would call a placer claim at all [ not enough water to wash / have placer gold ] and doing any prospecting / mining in CO .

To me it seemed like lots of hot-rocks , between hotrocks & all the man made metal , I played more with sluice .

So looking at the 6000 , or other gold nugget detectors , it seems they are much better at not seeing the hotrocks ?

Then the issue of not familiar with the NOX enough , almost exclusively using on beaches so far & just using pre programmed settings , need to have more time to figure adjusting for prospecting in that are , now not until next spring ;(   

KDOCAC..As you can see by reading this topic from 1st page to last, I did learn the machine "pretty well", but by no means an expert! I t was really beneficial to me and when Gerry himself saw me struggling he took my EQ and said, "watch...this is ground noise and this and this..but this is more than likely a target..dig it". It was a target! Also instructive were ground balancing tips and "enabling" all metal for better depth and of course ALL the settings..noise cancel etc. Since you are so far away and the likelihood of you coming West for one of his classes I will share a few tips with you privately when I get a chance. I have been asked by others who live out here in the West for settings and I have encouraged them to take one of his classes. I feel that I would be undercutting him by just posting all his info. Hot rocks..ah yes! Where I prospect in the El Paso mountains there are tons of them! There are ways to have the EQ not detect them and I know how to do that, BUT, I have to make sure that I don't delete "valid" targets also...so for now since I am anxious to find gold I haven't spent a lot of time playing with that, Maybe others will reply but I bet you would delete gold also if you delete some hot rocks.

I suggest you go to Steve's "tips" of detecting for gold and read it carefully. Later I will PM you some tips also. Good luck...PS:one tip right off the bat is get the 6 inch DD coil to use for gold if you don't have it already have it.

• Like 2

I have read Steve's article at least twice , his site & Minelab's , also bought the 6" coil .

Biggest problem is not being close enough to play / practice l(

But I do electronics recycling , so have some gold , some as pure as 22k+ , most is above 10 grams , have to melt some little ones to play with , but finding similar ground here is not going to happen .

Thanks