Got My Machine Back Fast

My machine's    ears on my coil broke plus  it had some fog in the control box even though it still  worked fine.I got my machine on Aug 1 2018 so  I needed to send it in fast since   I thought I only had about a month to go on the warranty.I actually had  until October .I brought it to the post office on Sat at 2:30 pm and it was at my door at about 9:00 am on  Thursday.They gave me a new coil  with a cover plus  a new control pod with a new rod for it.My machine went only  from  N. Y. to Penn. but this is much faster then the time  I thought  I would get it back.Thank you Minelab for your great service.I had to use my Infinium in the water  while  my Nox was  sitting on the sideline and  despite  not using it since July 2018  I got 4 gold  on 1  day and 7 overall with this 2002 machine in 5    hunts. My Nox has 3 gold  in 4 outings. 

• Like 7

So does it mean your happy about it or upset that it didn't take longer just to make you think it had a serious problem?

Kidding aside now get out there and make sure it works correctly with some really nice finds!

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

So does it mean your happy about it or upset that it didn't take longer just to make you think it had a serious problem?

Kidding aside now get out there and make sure it works correctly with some really nice finds!

Good luck and happy hunting.

I now have to decide what machine to use. The  Nox on the sandbar where there are not to many targets while going for the tougher gold. It also has good    target   separation for the shallower targets in the iron.I like to use the  infinium in the deeper cuts for rings by using the  modulation and the hi -low target id to go for gold rings.The many hot rocks  here don't hamper the infinium and  the signals  are good on  deep targets. The  Nox does go deep  but the hot ground skews the target id here on the deeper targets and the signals can sound bad.  I wish  Garrett would redesign the   ATX    into a sleek machine since you can't get the   infinium anymore and the ATX is better.

• Like 2

What software version did they send you, as it seems that version 3 has more EMI than the previous version did.

I have tried both of them and seem to have less EMI when I returned to version 2. I can hit trimes deeper on the second version than the third version. I know it hits the silver hard, and have not yet tried it on gold, may be able to get it to the creeks in the next few days due to the holiday.

Good luck and give the Nox a try just to make sure it keeps working before the warranty expires on it.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Got My Machine Back Fast