A Holiday Weekend With The GPX 6000

Great finds on your new machine and it looks like you are learning it nicely! Great pictures and good read, thanks for showing it to us.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Well done my teacher!

I'm sure it is too hot to be looking for new patches.  You have to get the nuggets where you got them before.

• Thanks 1

Nice lineup Lunk !

I think that suspect on the left looks very guilty , of being the WOTD ,,,(winner of the day) !

Now make that best of today be the worst of tomorrow's batch...good luck  !!

• Thanks 1

Nice hunt....  Had a chuckle over you saying   "But how did the Gold Monster miss these? Must not have got that little 5-inch Monster coil directly over them".  I keep re-hunting areas with the Monster I "think" gotta be done, hit it sooo many times...no more nuggs, etc.  Then I step back and see the whole area and try an visualize painting that whole area with a 3" brush (working center of the 5" coil) and realize the reality of how long it would take to "paint" that whole area with a 3" brush....lol

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done my teacher!

I'm sure it is too hot to be looking for new patches.  You have to get the nuggets where you got them before.

Definitely too hot for cruising, but I always test new machines on an old patch to evaluate any performance gains.

59 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Nice hunt....  Had a chuckle over you saying   "But how did the Gold Monster miss these? Must not have got that little 5-inch Monster coil directly over them".  I keep re-hunting areas with the Monster I "think" gotta be done, hit it sooo many times...no more nuggs, etc.  Then I step back and see the whole area and try an visualize painting that whole area with a 3" brush (working center of the 5" coil) and realize the reality of how long it would take to "paint" that whole area with a 3" brush....lol

True that, Oneguy!

Right on Lunk!  I think I even see a little quartz in that one gram piece!  I’m looking forward to trying the 6k out on a patch that we have right now. Although we’re in different parts of the country those pictures look very similar to what we’re dealing with. I have had the Z, the Nox, and the SDC over this and my buddy a GB2.  I’m really looking forward to seeing what I might’ve missed with the new tech.  

BTW nice new Avatar 😊

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great report Lunk! I only had a couple hours trying out my new 6000, here in the  Mortherload county, but can already say, I wont be missing the old 7000!  So nice to have a lightweight super sensitive detector again.  I also noticed Auto plus, runs very noisy, so manual settings may be the way to go?  Still not sure what benefit the auto setting has, but Im sure we'll get things sorted out after awhile.

• Like 4