A Holiday Weekend With The GPX 6000

7 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Lunk where do you keep your mobile phone while detecting? 

Nice gold BTW 😊 

Good point, JP...I usually keep the phone turned off and in the truck, but since I was taking pictures to post on the forum this time, it was shut off and in my back pocket so as to get some distance from the coil. I'll have to swing the DD again and leave the phone in the truck to see if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

Great post Lunk. Fun to see the power of the machine many of us are waiting for!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lunk said:

The audio was amazingly stable after each reset, even after changing the Sensitivity back to Auto+, and would last a few minutes before the EMI returned. This area is prone to bad EMI; it's random and intermittent, and I couldn’t manually tune it out with the GPZ 7000 either

Very nice, Lunk! Re EMI, did you try to run with threshold off? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Re EMI, did you try to run with threshold off? It's not ideal but it could help.

Yes, and while it does help one's sanity, the EMI still breaks through sporadically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Lunk, 

There's this thing I seem to remember called a "camera"! It actually allows you to take "pictures"; without making phone calls on it! Cool, right? What will they think of next!!😜🤣👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Lunk said:

Yes, and while it does help one's sanity, the EMI still breaks through sporadically.

Thanks. So it's not like with the 7000 where you can essentially completely eliminate EMI with Bogenes settings. I guess here is where the more setting options of the 7000 come in handy.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Sensitivity to small gold even at depth will remain the same as all the small gold sensitivity/depth comes from the Difficult timing when in Normal anyway.

Thanks, JP. How do the Normal and Difficult timings affect bigger gold at depth on the 6000/11 or the 17 in? I guess most 6000 users still want to keep an eye out for deeper/bigger gold as well, although the focus of the 6000/11 clearly is shallow(er) gold. I see this as the biggest difference to the 7000/14 or 7000/NF, which appear to cover more depth as well while still maintaining a fair amount of sensitivity for small/shallow gold (especially with the NF-depending on settings), albeit probably not at the 6000 level.