Hopefully they will send you a replacement soon...with the shortage of machines I hope they take care of you first....Minelab usually has good service in my experience. 

Strick

2 hours ago, strick said:

Hopefully they will send you a replacement soon...with the shortage of machines I hope they take care of you first....Minelab usually has good service in my experience. 

Strick

I've only had a chance to deal with 2 dealers on this forum and both have been excellent. One of the reasons I like this place is the honesty of the people and dealers. I hope to have contact with the other ones as well in the future. A replacement unit has already been shipped and I should have it on Monday. The defective unit will be on it's way back to the dealer. I just hope that everyone understands that Minelab has changed our relations with our dealers, as they have little to no control in knowing when or how many units they may receive, when we are trying and get our hands on the newest Minelab machines. So our dealers usually get the brunt of the complaints and pressure to get us a unit. I just try to remember that timelines and distribution patterns are not their fault and in my case, it's not their fault that the unit did not function either. So as sad as I was about not being able to hunt that day, I have to admit that Bryan at Alaska Mining and Diving has been on this instantly and consistently since initial contact. A special thanks to him for that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I like this place is the honesty of the people and dealers.

I'll second that.  Also, users/members/posters here include very knowledgeable people in regards to metal detecting, and that spills over to the dealer-members as well.  Gerry McMullen is my poster-boy (hope that doesn't come off as deragatory) in this regard.  He participates in just about every phase of metal detecting so he's not just a sales front.  And he's honest so his advice comes first as a fellow detectorist.

• Like 5

I read someplace that part of the Minelab 'setup' for this release were extra 'parts' to fix some that would have problems.

There may be a control box just waiting for you to call them and they ship it to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I read someplace that part of the Minelab 'setup' for this release were extra 'parts' to fix some that would have problems.

There may be a control box just waiting for you to call them and they ship it to you.

I should have a new machine this Monday. I will test it out on Thursday if there is no rain in the forecast. Out west is in severe drought and here it's been raining a lot more than usual. I know the 6000 is a gold machine and that is what the focus has been on (for good reason), but I'm going relic hunting and in the fall, beach hunting. So a different perspective on the machines capabilities. I'm dying to see how it compares to the 5000 for EMI and fringe depth on coins at the beach.

• Like 5

The shaft of the 6000 is 'smaller' than any Minelab I've had but I don't think that would make much difference if you are working a patch at low tide or out of the water sand.  (I can see the wavers and over-swingers now about a foot off the sand because it is so light!)  It would make a difference if you ever wanted to swing a coil in the water.  I don't think they are waterproof however.  It will be interesting to see if the salt can be ignored and it can go deep.  I look forward to your reports.

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

The shaft of the 6000 is 'smaller' than any Minelab I've had but I don't think that would make much difference if you are working a patch at low tide or out of the water sand.  (I can see the wavers and over-swingers now about a foot off the sand because it is so light!)  It would make a difference if you ever wanted to swing a coil in the water.  I don't think they are waterproof however.  It will be interesting to see if the salt can be ignored and it can go deep.  I look forward to your reports.

Just speculation on my part, but I'm hoping the 6000 running in manual with the 14"DD coil set to EMI, will work in the salt too. The 5000 never has issues with salt on my beaches, so I'm hoping there is a little bit of the 5000 left in the 6000 as far as salt handling capabilities goes. Otherwise I'll set it to salt and deal with any EMI. I'm used to EMI anyways with the 5000 🙄

• Like 1

It's Monday and the replacement machine has arrived!!! Put it together, turned it on and bingo it started 😄 Can't wait to test it in an area that I have hunted regularly with the 5000. I still get things occasionally but there are some sections that I hammered hard. If I even get one keeper from that area I will be extremely impressed. Now I have to do some reading and have a couple plans of attack in case I get nothing.

• Like 5

WooHoo!! The fun has just begun!!🍀🍀🍀👍👍

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

It's Monday and the replacement machine has arrived!!! Put it together, turned it on and bingo it started 😄 Can't wait to test it in an area that I have hunted regularly with the 5000. I still get things occasionally but there are some sections that I hammered hard. If I even get one keeper from that area I will be extremely impressed. Now I have to do some reading and have a couple plans of attack in case I get nothing.

Best of luck to you. I'm pretty sure you will find something. 🍀🤞