'related' Hypothetical Question

Chuck has posted a question that says:

If you had 8000 dollars to buy one are more detectors how would you spend it? I’m talking about nugget hunting only. 

My question is:

If you already have a 6000 or you need to sell one or two of your detectors to get a 6000, which detector do you own that you will sell first?  Which would you sell second?  Which detector will you not sell?  If you are going to keep all of your detectors you don't need to answer.

Mitchel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Which detector will you not sell? 

I can state with 100% that I will never get rid of any of the metal detectors that my grandfather gave to me.

They both work just fine for each of their capacity to find what is in the ground.

Should I get another detector it will be in a couple of years as I want to learn everything I can with what I have right now. Once that is done I will look at what is in my price range and decide at that time.

I really don't think I will spend $6,000 for almost any detector, unless I see a real need for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm with WesD, traded-in my 7000 with 19" coil and an X-coil. Received my 6000 from Gerry last week....WOW is all I can say. My body and right arm will thank me this year!😀

Bill

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a TDI on loan to a friend and I don’t care if I get it back. I have a Equinoxs and waiting on the elliptical coil and the ORX with both HF coils that I plan on keeping both VLF detectors. I do have a Simplex with a stock coil and a elliptical coil that I would sell .

I have the money for the 6000 that’s burning a hole in my pocket but holding off doing so . I just don’t get to nugget hunt as much as I would like. 
 I do have the Tarsacci but I don’t see me nugget hunting with it like I would with the other VLF. It’s great for beach hunting but that’s as far as I go with it.

Like a friend told me sometimes it’s just the joy of owning something. I’m not so sure that picture fits me.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:42 PM, Valens Legacy said:

I can state with 100% that I will never get rid of any of the metal detectors that my grandfather gave to me.

They both work just fine for each of their capacity to find what is in the ground.

Should I get another detector it will be in a couple of years as I want to learn everything I can with what I have right now. Once that is done I will look at what is in my price range and decide at that time.

I really don't think I will spend $6,000 for almost any detector, unless I see a real need for it.

I hope my grandkids have the same attitude as you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1