Picked Up The 11x13, X-35 Coil To Play With

I got a place that has deep coins. I've found a lot there with the Equinox with a lot of them 9 plus inches deep. I'm hoping there are some a little deeper that I've missed with the 11 coil on the Equinox that the 13 deus might pick up...any ways just playing to see what might show up. 

Also will have the Equinox with me to play with. I've found all the other coins with the recovery speed on 7 and thinking about slowing it down to see what might happen. Like I said, just playing around to see if I can possibly get an older deeper coin. HH!

• Like 3

I wish you well. Keep us posted. 

The equinox and the XP units are very popular. 

I see a lot of people with that combo too. I too had that same combo...mine was the 600.

I stuck with XP as I do not do any beach hunting. I like the large screen of the equinox too. Very nice. 

I prefer the speed of the XP units compared to the equinox. I also find them easier to adjust. 

Good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I too had the XP Deus/Orx and equinox 600 combo

i sold the Nox cause I needed the money and was aggravated about the unavailability of the 10x 5 coil. 
I like the equinox but the Orx/ Deus Lite suits my needs better. As for the 13x 11 coil, thought about getting one but decided the 11” is big enough considering I dont detect too many fields and wide open spaces. 
I hope you do well with it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Should be able to make a few good keepers that the Eq didn't see. Ive found some deep stuff with my original 11x13 coil. I bet the X35 in boost mode goes stupid deep good luck man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't able to achieve any more depth with the 13" coil in my AZ dirt although it did cover more ground. I eventually sold it due to the weight. Makes the Deus very nose heavy. Hopefully you see a depth difference in your sites.

Try the Nox with a lower recovery speed for those deeper coins. I pretty much run my Nox at 4 - 5 unless I'm hunting iron infested ghost town sites and then I'll speed it up.  

• Like 1

I agree with Tom Slick.  I swung an 11x13 on a trial basis (old style, not x35).  Being an 11x13 coil (vice 13" round), I saw a negligible (none?) depth improvement vs. the Deus 11" round and despite the increased swing coverage the lack of offsetting weight balance and shaft flex (not to mention the high cost) made it overall a non-positive experience.  An XP misfire IMO so I don't recommend that coil to those that ask my opinion of it. 

Wishing you a much better experience.  Perhaps the fact that it is an x35 coil might make a difference, but my issues with it were mechanical and structural not electrical performance.  Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:42 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Sooo now I understand you sold the Deus Tom.  That was a quick turnaround.  Hope it wasn’t because of the 13x11.  :laugh:

Just selling one more..I ended up with three complete Deus units.lol I'll keep my Equinox and one Deus.  I haven't had a chance to use the 13" coil yet. 

• Like 1

I finally was able to get back over to the old church. I got four wheaties and one Indian with the 13" coil. It was ok and I was happy with it but I didn't find anything over 9 1/2". That's the mi6 just barely below ground level so the deeper coins if there are any are still there. Most of the coins the  horse shoe had barely if any thing showing and no numbers at all. Just a faint repeatable tone but after a couple I kinda knew when I was over a deeper coin.

End result...I'm keeping it. It did produce from a spot I knew had deep coins. Not the results I had hoped for as I was pushing it to the max to hear the good stuff. Running 4khz with boost and 1 reactivity. If there are any deeper coins there I'll have to figure out something else to find them. Thanks and HH! Tom

20210717_143756.jpg

• Like 5

Well that is 5 more to the tally. Whether you could have maxed out your other set up with a recover rate of 1 with a negative disc setting who knows. You found them and that is what counts!!

• Like 2