Beat The Heat Hunt

15 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

There is also something proposed called the 30x30 plan which may put many of our patches off limits.

And I thought California was bad...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

And I thought California was bad...

That is a National Plan to 'conserve' 30% of the land of the United States.

• Thanks 1

I am of the opinion that the detector is only of 10% of the yield. I think I will find more gold by searching for a new patch than getting what other skilled detectorist miss on old patches but if I am wrong so be it. But the 6000 may get me the first nugget in a new patch so I would consider a GPX 6000 over my two GP3000 as finding gold is more important than DOLLARS to me. Sorry if I don't leave much for you fossickers, but what you find you deserve.  😉 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, geof_junk said:

...I think I will find more gold by searching for a new patch than getting what other skilled detectorist miss on old patches....

Is there a difference in Australia vs. Western USA?  I mean specifically the possibility of finding new or lightly searched patches.

While we're on the subject of this new detector (and apologies if I'm getting too far off Lucky Lundy's topic), have there been any big (say 10g and up) nuggets found with the GPX6000 yet, anywhere?  I've been expecting Gerry to show up with a picture of a large cookie (or cupcake) in his mouth but from what he said last week or so, he doesn't even have a GPX6000 for himself yet.

• Like 2

“have there been any big (say 10g and up) nuggets found with the GPX6000 yet, anywhere?”

GB,

There is a huge difference between Australia vs Western States soil mineralization.  When the 2300 came out it opened all of our old patches from California to Rye Patch area.  Sure nothing huge, the old GP/GPX’s did well on those.  The 7000, got what the 2300 couldn’t reach and was/is another break through in filling your poke up.  Now, with the information I shared in my report.  America’s hottest mineralized patches or new grounds will be where the 6000 shines, places where the ground gave the 7000 a problem.  Like not being able to run it in High Yield/Normal with no filters on.  Like many Hydro Pits in California to Southern California Desert and Arizona, the 6000 is what you want in your hands.  Mild ground conditions, you won’t see a wind fall nuggets feast like we did with the 2300 & 7000’s on old patches (if swinging them correctly).  But, like what was discussed above there’s always nuggets left in old patches.  The 6000, is what you want in your hands...hands down!

Now, if Minelab can have a fix to not hunting close to another 6000...my group can continue to share our labors on future patch discoveries!

Rick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1