Nox Is Headed To Minelab, 4th Machine Since May Of 2018

Dan(NM)

1 hour ago, stevejhgla said:

Thanks for responding Chase.

Please check out this podcast @ 7:40

https://youtu.be/QKAe_TGBeeI

Don’t take this the wrong way but I’m personally not really in to clicking on unsolicited video and podcast links without any context as it usually results in time I’ll never get back or worse :smile:.  Care to enlighten me as to why I should check it out and why whatever is going to be presented can’t be summarized in words as a forum post.  Thanks.

Well, I got my RMA # and have the pod on it's way to Minelab, I'll track it to see what the turn around is these days.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but I’m personally not really in to clicking on unsolicited video and podcast links without any context as it usually results in time I’ll never get back or worse :smile:.  Care to enlighten me as to why I should check it out and why whatever is going to be presented can’t be summarized in words as a forum post.  Thanks.

It's the Treasure talk podcast with Debbie simkoski from minelab.  She mentions that they have had problems with people using the detect ed shafts. Primarily overtightening of the screws.  

2 minutes ago, stevejhgla said:

It's the Treasure talk podcast with Debbie simkoski from minelab.  She mentions that they have had problems with people using the detect ed shafts. Primarily overtightening of the screws.  

Great!  Thanks, now that I know the context  I’ll look into it.  Wonder why that’s only problem with Detect Ed.  Maybe Steve G, who makes another 3rd party shaft can weigh in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great!  Thanks, now that I know the context  I’ll look into it.  Wonder why that’s only problem with Detect Ed.  Maybe Steve G, who makes another 3rd party shaft can weigh in.

She says it's because the shaft is a couple mm too small around...

The last time mine flooded I noticed bubbles coming up from the control pod.  Is the bottom supposed to fill with water?

• Like 1

I watched the podcast Steve! Thanks!👍 Debbie had some great info on many ML subjects! 

As far as the overtightening is concerned, that can happen on any shaft! The brass female fittings are on the pod side,  and are moulded into the pod! They will seperate, if the screws are over torqued! Just snug is fine! They can be checked occasionally, but I have yet to have any of the screws back out on me, with many hours of swinging! Now, I have had three coils replaced for coil ear breakage! And that is with frequent washer replacement! Sooo....!?

Concerning the bubbles, there is a small area where air is "trapped" between the shaft and the battery seal door! Maybe some short term bubbles from that would be normal!  Anything longer, and water may be entering into the pod! But by then, it's probably too late to prevent damage!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Nox Is Headed To Minelab, 4th Machine Since May Of 2018