ย  ย As I recall Simon, the rear carrier is ment for your broadsword!! There be dragons (rabbits๐Ÿฐ) to slay in them hills!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย  [Sorry, just watching LOTR for the hundredth time!! Couldn't resist!!]๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Brush...

ย 

Even if the counter weight is up towards the shoulder blades?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Even if the counter weight is up towards the shoulder blades?

I honestly don't know, I've never used one or been tempted to use one, it just looks clunky.

I use the harness that came with the 7000. You have to fool with it to get it just right and a lot of peopleย never get it right - when you do, it's pretty functional.

BUT I hasten to add, all this is opinion and personal experience and everyone on this forum has differing opinions. That's what makes it so valuable.

• Like 1

I had a bungie i used with the Nel big on my AT pro and found to be counter productive and not comfortable at all.

So I have an idea but need some ball park info:

1: How heavy is the detector with coil?

2: How far is the detector extended from where you stand?

3: Total lengh of the machine from the coil ears to the arm rest.

4: Where does the detector balance if at all on the shaft from the coil (center of gravity)?

Ball park numbers are fine.

ย 

4 hours ago, kac said:

had a bungie i used with the Nel big on my AT pro and found to be counter productive and not comfortable at all.

So I have an idea but need some ball park info:

1: How heavy is the detector with coil?

2: How far is the detector extended from where you stand?

3: Total lengh of the machine from the coil ears to the arm rest.

4: Where does the detector balance if at all on the shaft from the coil (center of gravity)?

Ball park numbers are fine.

Don't know if you're answering me but here are some thoughts.

The detector and coil (a 7000) is something like 7.3 pounds including the coil.ย 

Extension is a matter of personal preference and the person's height.

Again, total length of coil to arm rest depends on the above mentioned factors

The balance is something that again is either a persona preference or dependent on the person's height.

ย 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, phrunt said:

This is my turkey strapping.

I also recently purchased a Hipstick, they've intrigued me for a while but seeing I don't even use my bungee and the only reason I ever use my harness is so I can use my SP01 and external speakers.ย ย  I mostly use smaller lighter coils on my GPZ like the 8" and 10" and the 8" only weighs 835 grams, although I've started using the 15" Concentric X-coil the most lately so with it's weight being 1200 grams which I think is just a bit lighter than the standard 14x13" coil from memory I decided I'd start using my bungee for all day swinging just to save wear and tear on my arm.

The hipstick surprised me, I thought I'd hate it as it's just another thing dangling and getting in the way but I think it's alright, not a bad little gadget.

I have two of the Tough Built pick holders on my harness, Thanks to Nenad for introducing these to me and pointing out the idea of having one on the back of the harness so you can put your pick there and keep it well out of the way when you're hiking around on hillsides and having a pick hanging down low near your feet can be a trip hazard as well as keeping the pick well away from your coil.ย  The one on the side in the traditional location is the one I use when I'm constantly digging, and I use the rear one when digging is infrequent or if I'm walking long distances.

I wired my speakers so there is very little cord slack, the wires are the lengths required to fit my layout with the Sp01 enhancer and WM12.

IMG_20210809_110254.jpg.3fa691c6da6ecbebe05a74dc22c86af2.jpg

It took me a long time to get my harness how I like it, I hated the thing for a very long time, I think I've now got it to a point I'm comfortable with it.ย 

IMG_20210809_110321.jpg.a4e4f0f17db1ac7ec7c8b4ecd6c540c9.jpg

This one shows the rear clip on pick holder, I really like this idea, thanks Nenad.

ย 

That harness is tits !

ย 

• Haha 2