After the good new I realized when tested a few days ago my machine after It drowned and I've succesfully reanimated It....

Now the horrible gasket Is fighting to stay out of the housing against any kind of attempt😒.

So I'm in the middle of a headache manutention session with scarce results.

That's the Mood guys😑

bart-simpson-generator.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

TDI Beach Hunter……..great brain but terrible body……Skully, I’d get her fixed up and sell as they go for good money. I guess the “Beach” in “BeachHunter” says it all really. 😬

• Like 1

Seating the O ring needs silicone grease….which can cause the oring to dislodge before the top case is fitted BUT the grease prevents the top case from grabbing the oring and pulling away. A second pair of hands is very helpful to keep pressure on the top lid as you gently secure the screws. Swearing several times is normal 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2

Solved with hand's soap 🧐.

The gasket, which Is an empty core O-ring, tends to "grow" when out of the housing.

The corners are the only place on the lower part to keep It firm.

Sliding a Little without screws before to Push, solved the mistery😤

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Geotech
      I've moved from Oregon to Republic, WA and am looking for anyone familiar with prospecting in this area. Ferry County has produced somewhere around 4 million ounces of gold and still has active gold mining going on. In particular, I'm looking for places that would be good test grounds for metal detectors. Feel free to respond on the forum, or via PM if you prefer.
      Thanks,
      Carl

• By Dutchman4
      After a 6 year break I decided to start metal detecting for nuggets again.
      Background:   I used to live in Temecula, CA and used to go to the Dale Mining District as well as the El Paso mountains.  Back then, I started by taking a metal detecting prospecting field trip taught by Michael Greyshock.  I used a Gold Bug Pro with the DP coil at that time and it was pretty tough with the iron stone in the Dale Mining District.  I later purchased a Garret ATX but only used it a few times and sold it for a variety of reasons.  It had great electronics but in a terrible package.  Also the falsing when bumping against anything would drive me nuts.  Anyway after 4 years of prospecting I got tired of digging trash and spending lonely nights in the dessert, so I gave it up.
      I retired last year when I turned 60 and my wife and I moved from Scal to Mesquite, NV.  I recently purchased a SDC 2300 and thought I would give it a try again.  I still have the Gold Bug Pro with all 3 coils also.  Gold Basin is about a 3 hour drive and I plan to go there tuesday and return on thursday.  I use "Backcountry Navigator" on my tablet for maps and gps navigation.  I looked up the currently active claims on "thediggings.com" website and see they are pretty much clustered in the middle of the basin area.  It would be handy to have a gpx or kmz overlay map file of the active claims that I could load on my tablet but I don't know if something like that exists.  I prefer to detect on BLM land instead of claims and I don't mind getting remote and hiking.  This will be my first trip to GB and any pointers or advice would be appreciated.  I drive a brown 2010 Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4 long bed, with a color matched camper shell and NV plates,  in case any of you are in GB on the same days and would like to say Hi.
      Regards,  Ceril      
    • By diggindaboot
      THIS !! All the people boo hooing will be in line to get one at that price point. It will also force the hand of ML with their price structure. ML raised their price on the 800 and NM absolutely crushed that price point. The Legend doesn't have to be better, just equal to turn the fortunes in their favor. ML and their arrogant "obsolete" charge is foolish. Obsolete by definition means no longer produced or used. Many detectorist and their single frequency machines are still out there making great finds and having fun. Furthermore, single frequency detectors are still being made and sold. NM build quality is far and away superior to the Nox detectors. 

• By Dutchman4
      I searched the forums and was not able to find an answer to this question:
      So when I find a used Minelab SDC 2300 how do I go about verifying that it is authentic when I go to inspect it with the seller?
      I looked on the minelab website and it appears there are several methods that dont require you to take it to a dealer but it is not clear to me how it is done.
      Is there a hologram viewer supplied with a new unit and then you enter the sn# plus the hidden code into minelab online verification app?