Are Minelab Gpx-6000 Coils On Same Path As GPZ 7000 Coils?

You are wrong JP and I'm not against you but am against technique by dominating companies and people. But as it is bit of a bitch on my side (not bait) that the end of it for me till I see another case of unfair tactic or abuse against prospectors, even you as I know you have had. By the way I am not saying that ML don't make top class coils but some people don't like being dictated too with their choices.

I`m on the users side, this thread is about whether the 6K coils coils are on the same path as the 7000 coils were. Promised but not delivered, thus wonder is the 17"6K Mono coming or just promised? Of course Covid has slowed production and that is a valid reason for the delay, there was no valid reason with the smaller coil for the Z in fact no explanation at all, fair enough because ML do make the most superior detector and they have their business plan, plus we don`t have to buy their detectors but I`m a long time customer and have never been disappointed with a ML detector, I`m just hoping that`s enough brownie points for them to listen, I want a 17" 6K Mono coil on 6K not a promised one.

Tis early days and I may be jumping the gun just a wee bit, hmmmmm not really just getting in early so as to perhaps not go down the GPZ7000 wait coil track.🤞

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

I think JP has explained the 17" coil situation. The African market is the big one for Minelab these days and 17" coils are already being delivered into this market. 

Now, let's think this one out.

As testers do Steve and JP already have 17" coils, and if so, how effective are they? The 19" GPZ 'dog' coil was a fizzer, but maybe, just maybe, the 17" 6000 could be a 'goer'.

Not poo stirring, just curious.

Me too I am curious as well.  What I am wondering though is if so many 6ks and coils went to Africa how come no reviews or comparisons done from them.  I mean they were sure quick to get out intro vids before the release date.

Also why no 6k vs Z in-depth comparison reviews?  Even folks who wanted to see this and now have a 6k to do this have gone silent.  I am looking at you you Rob 😊

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Me too I am curious as well.  What I am wondering though is if so many 6ks and coils went to Africa how come no reviews or comparisons done from them.  I mean they were sure quick to get out intro vids before the release date.

Also why no 6k vs Z in-depth comparison reviews?  Even folks who wanted to see this and now have a 6k to do this have gone silent.  I am looking at you you Rob 😊

Maybe the 6K owners are having such a ball learning how to use their 6K they see little point in a Z/K comparison, my experience is it cleans up the Z on small and depth of small scraps in both quiet and noisy ground, and that's with the 10 X coil which is the 6K/11 monos closest competitor in my armoury by far and that is also my viewpoint on why the X coils were not given the ML chip to save customers going down the patch cable path, simply to not have a competitor even their own out here in the Gold detecting world. I don't begrudge them for doing that it is their right to protect their IP and market products however they see fit, but it is also the right of a customer in the commercial world to seek and pay for a solution to suit their application. I emphasise the pay for, because it is that what funds R&D and thus tech advancement. OK I'm off my soap box now.#@$^@#$ 🤥

• Like 2

For whatever it's worth, the Z/NF-Zsearch has punched deeper in HY/Normal-Gain 15 than the 6000/11 in Auto+/Normal. I have done this test a couple of times with 2 test nuggets (about 0.3 g with different consistency) at about 10 in depth in mineralized soil. The 6000/11 was nearly quiet (to an extend that I probably would not have dug the target) whereas the Z picked it up with a clearly noticeable but faint threshold warble. Now, as a disclaimer, I am not here to say the Z will punch deeper in general. These were isolated experiments and by no means representative. I also want to stress that I personally don't give much about these comparisons. Also, so much depends on circumstances that I don't think one can make general conclusions (i.e. different coil size/configuration, etc..) That being said, I want to learn more about the impact on depth at low gain, as I have posted earlier. The 6000 is a fantastic machine for many reasons and it absolutely is my to go detector. However, the Z will remain in my fleet, so much I know.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

This guy has done one, while not perfect and it was his first video he did an OK comparison I think.  There are a few flaws in his methods I guess but it gives some basic information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGVbwBFips

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This guy has done one, while not perfect and it was his first video he did an OK comparison I think.  There are a few flaws in his methods I guess but it gives some basic information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGVbwBFips

Seems as though he did not try , adjust etc. with the 6000 , as much as he did with the 7000 ?

But was worth watching .

• Like 1

Fairly good demo, honest no bias. Two observations from my take. 1. DOD coils like DD have a blade like field wheras Mono have a cone, thus the 6K would have to have the centre of coil over target for max depth, at the angle of the shaft that appears to me would not be so until targets down 300plus.  2. Same comparison with say a 0.2gram may indicate what I believe the 6K edges out the Z even with a comparable size 10 X coil but that is a deaf old codgers findings my son believes the 10X/Z has the edge.

I am keeping my Z as I`ve stated in an earlier post until the 17" 6Kcoil has been run, but I suspect as JP/ML have indicated ZVT has it over PIs for larger deep pieces. The 6K sure is a lovely lightweight to swing, yesterday I got my biggest 6K piece was a 1.8gram (first over a gram of a few hundred) flat solid at about 6ins gave a lovely warble in difficult and a distinct single signal in normal, sens auto+ before the ground was disturbed, ground was 1ft high lightly grassed.

• Like 5