Detecting Under Ski Lifts

Let me say good luck on finding it for her, and I am glad that you didn't drop your pole on her as you passed overhead of her. I thought you were lining it up to get a sure hit from the camera shot, but glad you didn't do it. Hate to see friends go to jail over something like that, even though she may have deserved it for something she had done.

Oh well good luck and let us know if you find it for her.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

unfortunately it's a long way to the base so I'm going to have a fair hike in summer to get to the spot.

It'll be the intrigue of the whole thing that'll keep you going.. anyway, you're committed now! maybe the girl just lost her car keys? whatever it turns out to be, keep us posted.. otherwise we'll always be wondering what she dropped.. 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2021 at 4:11 AM, phrunt said:

What would you do in this situation? 

Lets see... a girl with a metal detector. Think I'd be makin' my move ; )

And you are making assumptions she lost something. I think she is nugget hunting and doing so well she was not gonna leave until its hunted out. Nuggets so big she can hit them down through all that snow.

Yeah, I think outside the box sometimes.

• Haha 4

The nuggets are on the range on the other side of the valley, no nuggets on that side unfortunately!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

It'll be the intrigue of the whole thing that'll keep you going.. anyway, you're committed now! maybe the girl just lost her car keys? whatever it turns out to be, keep us posted.. otherwise we'll always be wondering what she dropped.. 😁 

These days car keys cost more to replace than a gold ring.😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

I went back today, she wasn't there, I guess she's given up.  I'll see how I go in late spring when the snows melted a bit and not so deep and try find whatever it was.  It's snowing tonight so whatever it was will be even deeper by tomorrow.

This is the lift it's under, unfortunately it's a long way to the base so I'm going to have a fair hike in summer to get to the spot.

She could also be back once the snow has melted away. But in any case, good thinking Simon. Sometimes, finding something of great sentimental value and then returning it to the unlucky person who lost it can be very rewarding. It will give you the feeling of having done something right for another person. And who knows, this might create so much positive Karma for you that the Gold Goddess might smile at you afterwards....😁

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

It has to be an engagement ring with a fat diamond for her to try that hard. No one would work that hard for a cell phone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

It has to be an engagement ring with a fat diamond for her to try that hard. No one would work that hard for a cell phone.

Not sure about that, many of the new cell phones cost as much or more than a diamond ring 🙂

• Like 4