Detecting Under Ski Lifts

12 minutes ago, kac said:

Not sure about that, many of the new cell phones cost as much or more than a diamond ring 🙂

And it's not just the phone itself. It's all the pictures (uh oh...) passwords, music, pay apps, social media apps (and their login info), etc. on the phone.

I think most people have password protected lockscreens, but there's also the hassle of having to call your mobile carrier, redownload all the apps, reconfigure your settings, etc. Or maybe most people use cloud-based services that negates that hassle? Don't look at me, I'm using a smartphone that was like $20 and it runs a version of Android from like 8 years ago...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Simon,

You and the family are good people!! I was really hoping that you would take a wack at finding whatever she lost, when the time was right! The hidden compartment was a bonus! And very cool scenery, as usual, from NZ; beautiful there!!

I hope the Good Carma generated nets you some good finds! A gold coin, ring, or decent sized nugget will do nicely! 

Anyway, thanks for taking us along, and may Good Luck follow, and catch you!!🍀👍👍

• Like 5

Well, my wife found her on Facebook and has sent her a message about it, no reply yet but she hasn't seen the message at this stage.  I bet she'll be surprised, she lives in Auckland on the North Island so another unfortunate thing is she spent an entire day of her holiday down here looking for it with no success, and her access to the ski field would have been around about $130 for that day for her to look for it.  At least we have found her now so if there is important stuff on the phone I'll ship it up to her, I'm sure the SD Card will still work, those things can handle a lot.  The phone may even work when it dries out, I've found phones at the ski field before that came to life after drying out. 

This is a photo of the front of the mountain range where the ski field is that I took yesterday, you'd never even know the ski field is there, or all that stuff like the lake and so on as it's all on the back side of the range.

IMG_20211119_122249.thumb.jpg.0760f72cc707e6f10fe336d160f57564.jpg

• Like 8

I have been waiting to hear the end of this story for a while, and am glad that you were the person to find it for the person who lost it.

Good luck on your next hunt and hope you find some great things out there.

Almost time to start gold hunting again isn't it?

• Like 3

Nice story and good on you for taking a day to do  a good deed for a stranger. I think a gold ring or nugget is in your future as karma payment. 

strick

• Like 3

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, my wife found her on Facebook and has sent her a message about it, no reply yet but she hasn't seen the message at this stage.  I bet she'll be surprised, she lives in Auckland on the North Island so another unfortunate thing is she spent an entire day of her holiday down here looking for it with no success, and her access to the ski field would have been around about $130 for that day for her to look for it.  At least we have found her now so if there is important stuff on the phone I'll ship it up to her, I'm sure the SD Card will still work, those things can handle a lot.  The phone may even work when it dries out, I've found phones at the ski field before that came to life after drying out. 

This is a photo of the front of the mountain range where the ski field is that I took yesterday, you'd never even know the ski field is there, or all that stuff like the lake and so on as it's all on the back side of the range.

Simon, what a great story and thanks for the wonderful pics. Such a beautiful area. I bet there must be some really important things on her SD card. Please keep us posted  and let us know when she hears the news. Also, she might be thrilled to read "her" story on DP. I would send her the link so she can see how this story was shared with prospectors around the world. I actually thought of this story every now and then since you first posted it and wondered what ever happened to this saga. You are a good man Simon, may the Gold Goddess reward you handsomely 🙂.

GC

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's a really great end to a really great story! Probably one of the best I've read in a while. Thanks for showing everyone what someone can do in these situations. Must have been fun and taught your child something too.

Good on ya. 👍

• Like 6