Garrett Master Hunter Cx3 Not Working Until Now..

I have bought a Brand New Garrett Master Hunter CX3 with the Woman's voice when powering up.

Bought it in 1991 Brand New(30 years}Anyways I bought a New MineLab800 and thought I would sell the CX3 on Ebay,but the Detector did not power up so I opened up the Battery Holder and it had Acid every where and was glad Garrett still had them in stock for $34......Got it last week and put fresh batterys in and still did not power up.Today I used White Vinegar on the Metal contacts outside of the battery holder.Bammmmm It worked.I only used the CX3 less then 30 mins and still looks like New inside its Garrett case.I was thinking of selling it for $250 on Ebay butttt think I should keep it since its still New lol.....Now I hope to use my Minelab 800 Not like the CX3(Not using it in 30 years or so)But think I can always sell it if I want too.......>JT

The Garrett CX line were top of the line in their day, I will always keep my CXII for using the 2 Box Bloodhound to hunt bottle dumps. The static All Metal mode on them is still quite deep even compared to modern detectors. The Motion Discriminate is no match for what is available today but still works fine for modest depth & trash levels, Nice 2 tone audio & split disc settings. A little heavy but balances well. NEL makes a DD coil that is compatible. I may order one some day for testing. Over all a fun detector in the proper site they will still find treasure.

• Like 1

I agree.

Not a Scratch on it since I used it less then 30 mins in 30 years lol.I agree the detectors today have to be better then 30 year old ones?But I am sure how much better are the New ones?I have a New  MineLab800 still in the box I bought about 2 weeks ago and am sure its a better detector?Buttttt how much better can the MineLab be?The future detectors I feel will need Xray so we can see what's in the ground for me to buy another one lol....>JT

45 minutes ago, johnnytuinals said:

I agree.

Not a Scratch on it since I used it less then 30 mins in 30 years lol.I agree the detectors today have to be better then 30 year old ones?But I am sure how much better are the New ones?I have a New  MineLab800 still in the box I bought about 2 weeks ago and am sure its a better detector?Buttttt how much better can the MineLab be?The future detectors I feel will need Xray so we can see what's in the ground for me to buy another one lol....>JT

The only way to know is to get out there and use it. The Equinox is a really good detector. Of late I'm seeing more people moving to it than away.