Wade The 1 Armed Warrior And His Gpx-6000

Wade sounds like a great guy glad you guys found some gold.  The story lead me at first to believe he only had one arm, which reminded me of a guy I met who was a an actual amputee, with only the stub.  He was a log truck driver, and would drive, shift, and use the CB to call out mile markers, all with one arm, and a little stub.

Stay cool and hyrdrated.

Kodiak

• Like 4

You are a legend Gerry, it don`t get any better then Wades intro to MLs 6K detector in Gerrys Hall of Fame or anyones. Even if your a few grams short of an ounce. On ya.

• Like 2

Awesome post, Gerry. Warrior Wade was certainly an inspiration to the entire class, and it was very gratifying to see him dig his first gold; too cool!

• Like 5

Great story Gerry, and thank you for sharing such an inspirational person to us all.

I know that even those with a handicap such as his can do what ever they want to as long as they believe and put forth the effort.

Thanks for helping him with the right detector, and the right instructions for his new detector.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Wade sounds like a great guy glad you guys found some gold.  The story lead me at first to believe he only had one arm, which reminded me of a guy I met who was a an actual amputee, with only the stub.  He was a log truck driver, and would drive, shift, and use the CB to call out mile markers, all with one arm, and a little stub.

Stay cool and hyrdrated.

Kodiak

It's amazing the capabilities someone can do when they set their mind to it.  He was in a bike accident with some serious body and nerve damage and so the end result, his left arm is paralyzed.  He keeps it in a sling since they are thinking in the future, there might be a chance to save it, but for the last few years and probably a few ahead of him, it's just hanging there in the way with no use or function, but the sling set up allows him to stuff small items there as a shelf or pocket per say.

Yes this year it's taking extra to stay cool and hydrated so back at you.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Norvic - You know what happens to us who chase the yellow metal for so many yrs.  The sun beating down all day, the solitude of the bush and other things day in day out.  Next thing you know, we're talking to objects around camp and giving them names (kind of like that airplane pilot who crashed on an island and lived with a volleyball).  Yes it's the Au fever and each of us have it just at a different level.  You right though, a couple/few grams short...of a pound or two each year and I'll continue to be.  But the reality is I can't have fun without new customers and or friends.  Thanks for being there.

Lunk - Heck I really never even seen how you set his detector up but I did notice that last one was about 10-12" deep.  Glad you were there to keep him grounded after the gold...he was pretty Texas stoked.

Gold Catcher - After this covid shit is over (seems to be creeping back up) and all is normal in CA (is that even possible?), I might actually head West to try my luck at scoring a coastal nugget or two.  I'll be sure to reach out ahead of time, so as not to make the news of an out of state gold prospector found dead, after walking into a pot field.  Actually I think it's legal there now right?

Valens Legacy - With my business it's never an upsell and won't be.  Getting to know the customer and their needs before the sale is most important.  Offering additional knowledge and the opportunity of Field Training down the road is actually 2 fold as the new prospector gets to learn from Pros and at the same time the 3 days in the field is building long term relationships and camaraderie with my staff/I.  Here's a funny fact many don't realize.  You can not purchase a detector from from my website (I have no shopping cart).  Do I lose business that way?  Most certainly and I don't really care.  What I do care about most is getting the right detector of the 150+ models I offer into the hands of the customer so they have the best chance of Success at the detecting styles they wish to pursue.  My Field Staff is a big part of my business as I have 9 different highly skilled detectorists in different parts of the US who are constantly trying to make the detectors perform better in a varying soils for different kinds of gold.  The bottom line to me.  A successful customer is a customer for life and if my guys/I can help that customer become Successful, my little non traditional MD'er business in Boise, Idaho will continue on.  Must be doing something right as Gerry's Detectors has been chugging along just fine for 25 yrs now.  Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Skuh kuh kuh kuh Gerry , You "Ain't Right" buddy !

Good news ,,, I have a club for that !

You're definitely a "brother of a different mother" !

Hope I get a chance to meet you out on "the patch" some day....

I was half expectin' ta see a pirate with the one arm reference..!

(Guess we're all on THAT ship anyhow..)

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Gold Catcher - After this covid shit is over (seems to be creeping back up) and all is normal in CA (is that even possible?), I might actually head West to try my luck at scoring a coastal nugget or two.  I'll be sure to reach out ahead of time, so as not to make the news of an out of state gold prospector found dead, after walking into a pot field.  Actually I think it's legal there now right?

Awesome Gerry, looking forward to it. Nothing is ever normal in CA, but there is still gold to be found! I will show you some favorite spots that won't disapoint you. And yeah, with a bit of luck you'll make it out alive. 😉

• Haha 3