I don't know that I can help, but one thing I learned the hard way -- make sure your ears are completely inside the muffs, not partially under them.  Also, if you wear eyeglasses (like I do) figure a solution which doesn't have the eyeglass arms uncomfortably trapped and forced into your head.  A little adjustment can go a long way.

But not all headphones fit equally well on everyone.  You may just be in a situation where you are incompatible with those Gray Ghosts.  I wouldn't conclude that until you've delved deeper (as you are doing), though.

• Like 1

Something that really helps.. Gel ear pads.. Video is 11 years old but will give a good idea. I use aquaseal to put on the one's I listed. These listed fit all head phones, not perfect but very close.

There are many other types out there but I like the ones I have picture below the best. They last about 3 to 4 years with heavy hunting. And remember all of this info is at least 10 years old. 

OBN-0002 (3).jpg

DSC_6819.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Backwater said:

How do you like the AQ?How do you choose which machine to use?AQ to clean up after excal or vice versa.Thanks for all your advice and God Bless.

Your Welcome!....I love both the Excal and AQ. Right now my main machine is the Excalibur,  Problem is, my hunts are so far a part it keeps me out of touch with the conditions.  I doubt if I've been out more then 10 times since May. I use the AQ as a PI and if you want it to work it's best you have to know what your walking into..

Here is my work on my AQ I got from Rick, warranty expires fall this year so I want to make sure the main controls are out of contact with the saltwater. Come winter this will be on the AQ.. And No one has every had any issues with the AQ flooding or leaking, I'm just installing some insurance.

20210718_021131.jpg

AQ FP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Your right big difference with gel pads.thanks again! I know what you mean about not getting a feel for conditions.Still working(2 more years) limited to weekends tides and weather.Still making some old finds mostly in shallow water,I know there must be more deeper just have not been so lucky there.I know you mostly hunt in pinpoint but I have not had same success I seem to lose stability so I mainly hunt disc.Always look forward to your posts for tips and amazing finds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Backwater said:

Your right big difference with gel pads.thanks again! I know what you mean about not getting a feel for conditions.Still working(2 more years) limited to weekends tides and weather.Still making some old finds mostly in shallow water,I know there must be more deeper just have not been so lucky there.I know you mostly hunt in pinpoint but I have not had same success I seem to lose stability so I mainly hunt disc.Always look forward to your posts for tips and amazing finds.

Glad they worked out for you. I just another set, they seem to only last about 3 years...

Just finished one of my excaliburs,  PP button went bad so I redid all again and made some adjustments to things I seen that needed to be changed. Did not do any video's on how but once I've used it a few more months I share more on a video. I can tell you the amount of noise difference is stunning, from one of my regular excaliburs to the one I just finished. Once the pods controls are totally isolated from saltwater the only other source of possible noise is the coil, and this can be controlled with better coil control. I used one of my regular excaliburs yesterday and the difference is very noticeable.

xcal 4.jpg

xcal 5.jpg

xcal 1.jpg

xcal 6.jpg

• Like 1