GPX 6000 Observation

24 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

No it won’t, in essence the 6000 has about the same outright performance of the GPX5000 but does benefit from improved electronics performance in the form of less Sferic noise. 

If the 6000 has the same depth on larger gold as my old GPX-5000, I am one happy customer because I've dug some pretty deep big gold.

If the 6000 has better depth and cleaner signal on small gold than my old 5000 and is even on par with my heavy GPZ-7000, I am even more happy.  Some folks are saying it's even better than a 7000 on small gold?  I have not proven that yet in a variety of sites/soils and different kinds of small gold, but I get a feeling it's true.

We already know the 6000 has the best balance, weight ratio and ergonomics.

Thanks for helping straighten out some of the discussion JP.  Most of us actually do rely on your hours and hours of footwork and testing knowledge and so thanks again.

• Like 5

Hey JP,

I have to agree with you on this statement, as I made this conclusion months ago but got toss over the fire .... 

I have been using the GPX 6000 since it's been released here in the US and love it.  It has some great features, super lightweight, very sensitive to small targets and probably the easiest detector to learn and use.  That being said, I have no sold my GPZ 7000, as I have used it for nearly 6 years now with great success.  I don't care for the extra weight, but some of the stuff I love about it is better mineral immunity (in my opinion), less EMI noise and more outright depth.  I'm finding the same size gold as the GPX 6000 with my new Z Search coil, but have nearly $9100+ dollars invested vs. $6000.  

I love both detectors, not going to say what one is best for anyone.  There are a lot of variables that determine what is the best metal detector for any one person.  It's best to do your research, talk with other prospectors and figure out what is best overall for your budget.  

Wishing everyone the best of success.  Minelab, no question is the KING of metal detector technologies.

If you want DEPTH then the 7000 is king, if you want depth on the smaller fast time constant targets then use the 6000. If you want good sensitivity with a bigger ground coverage and a bit better depth then use the 17” elliptical on the 6000. The 17” coils primary role is excellent sensitivity whilst providing greater ground coverage, perfect for patch hunting.

JP

• Like 7

Thanks to many for the great replies….much appreciated. I guess my concern is I generally try to hunt the deeper and bigger pieces whenever I can and in new ground……I’ve gone days without hitting any targets but I’ve also been rewarded with (perseverance and stubbornness). I don’t go looking for smaller bits over old ground…..they are incidental to finding bigger pieces. 
I still use a 3500 and 2100 with the bigger mono coils and only use a DD as a last resort……I get some strange looks and remarks when these machines come out 🤓

Will the 6000 hit a 3oz nugget at 2 feet in heavy mineralised and hard ground?

I know 3oz can be any size and shape but let’s say one that is like a small egg that fits in the palm of your cupped hand. I’m the first to admit that I’m probably a bit too paranoid about missing the bigger deeper pieces……generally speaking, the timings in the 2100 and to an extent, the 3500, will minimise this.

Thanks for the responses….👍

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tony said:

Thanks to many for the great replies….much appreciated. I guess my concern is I generally try to hunt the deeper and bigger pieces whenever I can and in new ground……I’ve gone days without hitting any targets but I’ve also been rewarded with (perseverance and stubbornness). I don’t go looking for smaller bits over old ground…..they are incidental to finding bigger pieces. 
I still use a 3500 and 2100 with the bigger mono coils and only use a DD as a last resort……I get some strange looks and remarks when these machines come out 🤓

Will the 6000 hit a 3oz nugget at 2 feet in heavy mineralised and hard ground?

I know 3oz can be any size and shape but let’s say one that is like a small egg that fits in the palm of your cupped hand. I’m the first to admit that I’m probably a bit too paranoid about missing the bigger deeper pieces……generally speaking, the timings in the 2100 and to an extent, the 3500, will minimise this.

Thanks for the responses….👍

Just remember the older tech deeper beepers  will and most of the time  get the Lions share of most patches only leaving little bits for the new tech deeper beepers :nugget: :ph34r:

• Like 1

If the 6000 can hit this sort of nugget at around the 2 foot mark in heavy ground then I’m in 👍

This is not my personal photo but indicative of what I’m after.

EA3EFE28-411D-4D69-BC5F-BFF9E99033DB.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

If the 6000 can hit this sort of nugget at around the 2 foot mark in heavy ground then I’m in 👍

Looks like a scene from "Aussie Gold Prospectors"   The nuggets too clean and the hand has no dirt on it. Lol

Cheers sturt

• Haha 1

Hand.thumb.jpg.0e01c6b07b69b6bccddbb5f8d5f41e48.jpg

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Those are my experiences to the word. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Oh my! 1

13 hours ago, Tony said:

4BCC033C-D774-46AE-931D-F142F9A33A89.thumb.jpeg.4561077c362e6c69188444b51eb8d943.jpeg
If an Equinox 800 can detect a .01g aluminum pull-tab using the 11-inch coil at almost 2-feet, a 6000 better be able to pick up lunker nuggets like that one at least as deep because I know a Nox sure could! 😉

• Haha 1

detector, location, luck, skill vs location, luck, skill, detector.  i chose location, luck, skill, detector. some get the 6000 and want the rest to come easy

• Like 2