GPX 6000 Observation

4 hours ago, GotAU? said:

4BCC033C-D774-46AE-931D-F142F9A33A89.thumb.jpeg.4561077c362e6c69188444b51eb8d943.jpeg
If an Equinox 800 can detect a .01g aluminum pull-tab using the 11-inch coil at almost 2-feet, a 6000 better be able to pick up lunker nuggets like that one at least as deep because I know a Nox sure could! 😉

In regard to the pull tab……that's about twice as deep as any detector that I have used for beach detecting over the past 30 years……including most top of the range VLF and PI detectors. But in regard to the nugget……this is heavy mineralised and very hard ground.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

In regard to the pull tab……that's about twice as deep as any detector that I have used for beach detecting over the past 30 years……including most top of the range VLF and PI detectors. But in regard to the nugget……this is heavy mineralised and very hard ground.

That makes sense for beach detecting, there was no salt in the ground I was detecting which I think may make a huge difference- I was in a dry freshwater creek bed with very loosely packed decomposed granite alluvium.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping you guys would help me decide which to buy. I'm attracted to the gpx6000 because of the weight but the gpz has many features totally lacking in the gpx. ....chuckle....This would be my first minelab detector.