Odd Looking Medallion (not Old)

Haven't been digging much lately been occupied with annoying real world projects but was able to sneak out for a bit and came across this medallion. Center spins, no marks on back. I believe it is cast in zinc so probably not that old maybe 70-80's.

Anyone seen anything like it? Some sort of novelty but no luck on web searches here.

64834280344__FC582490-994A-4E1B-9DBF-2CE9B3B0B4B2.JPG

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, kac said:

Haven't been digging much lately been occupied with annoying real world projects but was able to sneak out for a bit and came across this medallion. Center spins, no marks on back. I believe it is cast in zinc so probably not that old maybe 70-80's.

Anyone seen anything like it? Some sort of novelty but no luck on web searches here.

64834280344__FC582490-994A-4E1B-9DBF-2CE9B3B0B4B2.JPG

Tried a bunch of things and got nothing. Strange item that... 😵 But cool. How big is it? It seems like some kind of spice or salt dispenser lid.

• Like 1

I'm thinking from a key chain. It looks like some spinner wheels I've seen on cars. I looks like a Chevy bolt pattern on the hub behind the spinner. 😎

• Like 5

First edition fidget spinner! Very rare!!😜👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Tried a bunch of things and got nothing. Strange item that... 😵 But cool. How big is it? It seems like some kind of spice or salt dispenser lid.

1 3/4" dia and about 1/8" thick. Stupid bing and google images bring up wheels 😞

Seems to be hot metal die cast the same way they make match box cars etc. if that means anything.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I'm thinking from a key chain. It looks like some spinner wheels I've seen on cars. I looks like a Chevy bolt pattern on the hub behind the spinner. 😎

Looks like your correct about that, a friend that sells tires says he had some years ago from one of the tire reps, as give away's. When someone would buy a set of spinner rims he would give them a couple of them.

• Like 2

It's a cool find. I like it. No writing on it? It looks like it's for kids. An old Cracker Jack toy?

Got this, apparently Spintek was one of the originals. This is the rim your medallion looks similar to:

unnamed.jpg.c6fa89a23c4177553939233c843dbb05.jpg

• Like 1

Even better, think I found it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384280410411?hash=item5978e5b92b:g:dX4AAOSw~nBgDfUC

Here's a pic because the link won't last. It's a Lugz keyring.

1272663684_s-l400(2).jpg.853335549b095529d409438e3f0fbdfb.jpg

• Like 2