Nox Leak Test By Gigmaster

TedinVT

Interesting test.  Results were not what I would expect.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TedinVT said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5d7K_A7rLqc&feature=share

Interesting test.  Results were not what I would expect.

Minelab should send him a new pod for telling them where it leaks 😄 That would be the last place I would have guessed it leaks from.

• Like 1

I can see why..the magnet is strong and repeated use most likely puts strain on the area as you pull the charger connection on and off the pod.....I've been lucky with my nox so far..bought when they first came available and it has been performing well for me and with semi frequent water hunts every summer.....knock on wood that my luck lasts...

good video but Gig is a bit careless with the dry ice...get some of that in your eye and see what happens 

strick 

10 hours ago, strick said:

good video but Gig is a bit careless with the dry ice...get some of that in your eye and see what happens 

strick 

That’s what I was thinking too! No gloves and putting his face over the container after he dumped it in.  🤣

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with strain from the magnet.  More likely, the cracks happened during the manufacturing process. They might have used a weak formula in the plastic. Then it cracked when it was stamped together. That's my guess.

• Like 1