Like New White's Bigfoot Coil Only $525!

I have a bigfoot for an XLT. I can't ground balance it using the recommended Bigfoot method but it doesn't seem to work.  Picks up a quarter at about 4".

It does though have extreme sensitivity to movement of the cable stress relief or any pressure on the housing.  Does this mean maybe the taped connection to the shield coating came off or something?  Easy fix?

Also, those numbers in the diagram .35 and .22, are they AWG numbers or what?

What would be the DIY maker process on this?  How to choose the TX resonant capacitor - max. signal from RX coil on a target, or?

Hmmm... I don't know what is causing it but it does not sound right. Perhaps contacting the person that by a previous post in this thread is indicated as doing repair work on them. He would probably offer some advice for free.

William Lahr
514 West Bennett Street
Compton, CA 90220-4604
Phone: (310) 635-0869
E-mail: coilrepair@gmail.com

• 10 months later...

Buy it now for $1350    Its been up for a while with no takers.

Mike

• 5 months later...

Hey Steve,

I know this is an old post, but will the BigFoot work on the Whites V3i?  As you probably know, it is a 3 frequency machine (2.5, 7.5, 22.5 kHz).  I see one for sale and the owner claims it will work on the V3i, but I have my doubts since you say this coil works at 14 kHz.

Thanks,

Jason

The Bigfoot is not V3i rated and some will not work on the V3i at all - they just overload. Most will work however... mine does and is on my V3i right now. However, even when they work, the target ID numbers are usually tripled in 22.5 kHz mode. You have to mentally adjust for this in three frequency mode. Or just use 7.5 kHz only to get accurate numbers. The numbers in 22.5 kHz will not only go higher but most clad/copper/silver will “wrap around” into the ferrous range.

Some people use this tripling of the target ID numbers in 22.5 kHz to get extra resolution in the gold and pull tab range.

herschbach-whites-v3i-bigfoot-coil.jpg
White's V3i metal detector with Bigfoot coil

• Like 2