Steve H. Garrett 24K Videos

Some more good news for people interested in buying the Garrett 24k, more coils are on their way from Nel, after next two months I assume means they'll be released in time for Christmas? 🙂 Maybe some Nel coils will be under the tree for me, especially the Snake.

601858337_NelCoilsGarrett24k.thumb.jpg.013ae3be2b1d36f74e3cc5c530024797.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news! I’d much prefer a Snake coil over the old White’s 4x6 DD with the added air space in the bottom, I was thinking of getting one of those and shaving the bottom off, but I’d rather have a NEL. Really good news, thanks Simon! 3.5” x 6.5”, just a perfect little coil for the 24K.

731781BD-3930-4E18-903E-12DC840C0779.jpeg
94811C6A-5B15-4C9B-A6F7-3C8A70EE993D.png

• Like 4

It clearly demonstrates the international reach Garrett has that Whites did not.  The 24k Whites version has been out for a couple of years, nothing out of Nel, Garrett releases it and instantly Nel is onboard with making coils for it and I loved how their response was "Of course" 🙂

Garrett releasing the 24k from an international perspective was an excellent move by Garrett. They're back in the game now and soon to be at the top for the dedicated prospecting VLF's I think.

I absolutely can not wait to get a Snake coil for the 24k, that combined with the Concentric 6" Garrett coil is the perfect combination for me and my detecting areas and I'll still have the 10x6" for ground coverage when necessary. Satisfied at last!

• Like 4

Backing up what Simon said, I just received my new Garrett Goldmaster 24k and was very happy to see that the box had labeling in four languages including Arabic. Same for the Quick Start Guide. Garrett is definitely serious about marketing and mass producing this excellent detector.

I always had a feeling that my original Whites 24k had either a control box or coil issue. It would overload easily, had some weird audio issues occasionally and was sometimes hard to ground balance. The Garrett version that I received and tested today had zero issues. I tested the Whites version and the Garrett 24K on the exact same targets that are buried in my yard including gold nugget targets. I could run the Garrett 24K at sensitivity of 8 with no issues. The Whites version would overload on sensitivity 4. The stock Whites coil was also very knock sensitive. This Garrett coil (which actually seems lighter as does the entire detector) had no knock sensitivity at all. Very impressed.

DSCN0113.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks like they're chasing the African and Middle Eastern market, very smart!  Thanks Jeff for the information.  Mine's just departed Los Angeles airport, hopefully next stop Auckland!  haha, right as I typed that an SMS came through from DHL saying it's cleared customs in Sydney, Australia, so next stop Sydney! Then Auckland.  close now... so very close....

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I always had a feeling that my original Whites 24k had either a control box or coil issue. It would overload easily, had some weird audio issues occasionally and was sometimes hard to ground balance. The Garrett version that I received and tested today had zero issues. I tested the Whites version and the Garrett 24K on the exact same targets that are buried in my yard including gold nugget targets. I could run the Garrett 24K at sensitivity of 8 with no issues. The Whites version would overload on sensitivity 4. The stock Whites coil was also very knock sensitive. This Garrett coil (which actually seems lighter as does the entire detector) had no knock sensitivity at all. Very impressed.

Probably a bad coil, not unknown with White's. Garrett went through the machine, and I know they paid particular attention to the coils, so the Garrett 24K had an extra layer of vetting before it went into production.

• Like 5

Steve..from your comment I have the impression ,, that the sensitivity setting - works with the 24K goldmaster also as an RX Gain setting ... And you're right .. for a properly IB balanced coil it will work with even more sensitivity settings on really more mineralized terrain .. .without interfering overload ..

I would be interested in how much a change in the Threshold setting will also affect the sensitivity and range of the detector in practical detection at a lower and mid setting of Sensitivity / RxGain / ...

• Like 1