Bt Aptx-ll Compatible Headphone Summary

With the release of the GPX 6000 along with the Vanquish and Equinox, thought I would provide an updated summary of several known compatible Bluetooth APTX-LL headphones of various types, features, and price points for consideration thanks to other forum members (e.g., F350 Platinum) here who have played guinea pig and purchased/verified compatibility and performance:

Avantree solid all around BT APTX-LL phones, over the ear type:

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Wireless-Headphones-Comfortable-Bluetooth/dp/B01A0EAYDI/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Avantree+aptx&qid=1626912542&sr=8-8

If you want some decent light weight BT APTX-LL phones withe great "Soundblaster" quality audio, try these Creative phones on for size - occasionally they run flash sales on these and they can be had cheaper (note they are light but "on the ear" style which some may not like especially for long detecting sessions:

https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-B...6906692&sr=8-5

Decent over the ear BT APTX-LL phones as a less expensive alternative to the Avantrees above:

https://www.amazon.com/AKSONIC-Bluet...6908685&sr=8-6

If you are interested in earbud style phones these two pairs of phones are comfortable, sweat resistant, and have great audio (I like the Glazata N9 neckband style, less stress on the interconnecting wire, but the Pawws are at an unbeatable price):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097B5V5M7...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The following are a unique "convertible" torus neckband style that can be switched into local wearable "speaker" mode (the closeup soundstage sounds great even with "quiet" tones and is less annoying to others around you than running the speaker on your detector) or you can switch them into earbud mode for private listening too. Note that these are not water resistant. Cool but pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Wear...dp/B07Y56W9XQ/

If you are detecting near surf or in windy conditions the following BT APTX-LL phones are pricey (though the Pawws are 50% off right now) but have great audio PLUS active noise cancellation (so you can really hear faint audio tones) though they are not designed to get wet:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Blue...6907632&sr=8-4

Finally, these Quest detecting phones are purpose built for the Equinox (but compatible with any BT APTX-LL transmitter such as those built into the Vanquish 540 or GPX 6000) and are weather/water resistant (but not submersible) and pretty rugged for dirty, wet conditions, also with great BT APTX-LL audio:

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/que...es-for-equinox

Wireless is definitely the way to go with as long as you are not doing submerged water hunting, which necessitates waterproof wired phones.

Pair the above with any of a number of diminutive BT APTX-LL transmitters or receiver/transmitters (e.g., https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Simultaneously/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=32YIIDCD94VQX&dchild=1&keywords=trond+aptx+low+latency+transmitter&qid=1626913077&sprefix=Trond+aptx%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3) and you have a cost effective wireless audio solution for any detector that uses a standard or mini headphone jack.

HTH and Good Luck.  Feel free to post any additional rekko's in the thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Chase!

Have you ever run across just a speaker?  Something that could just clip on to your pack or harness?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:27 PM, afreakofnature said:

Thanks Chase!

Have you ever run across just a speaker?  Something that could just clip on to your pack or harness?

Something like this?

Bluetooth Speaker

None of the ones I looked at said if they're APTX-LL so I assume they are not.

20 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Something like this?

Bluetooth Speaker

None of the ones I looked at said if they're APTX-LL so I assume they are not.

Correct.  None, so far, are.  But honestly the 6k speaker works great at least for me.  

• Like 1

I was curious why you would want an external speaker. 

Closer to the ear, maybe less EMI.  Kind of like the WM12.  Just what I am used too and like using.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Correct.  None, so far, are.  But honestly the 6k speaker works great at least for me.

The built in speaker does a decent job IMHO. Yes, BT is preferred and is quieter, but the EMI caused by the speaker is manageable in most situations. In 100 deg heat I take the bit more EMI over headphones any day, unless I want to wire up with a booster/speaker set which I don't always feel like. For "high precision "detecting I always use the supplied BT headphones, but that's not always needed. The exceptional signal response of the 6000 will make targets stand out much more and noticeable compared to the 7000. Hence, some EMI produced by the speaker will not matter in most cases. I never use headphones for the GM, and with the 6000 being like a "PI-GM" it falls in a similar category, at least for me.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you Chase, exactly what I was looking for, it was it was disappointing to see my new Apple Airpod Pro's are not low latency.. so am looking for options, thanks again.

Jen

Ok kids... boy do I have a treat for you... I just got back from a trip to Doc's secret lab in Las Vegas.... while I was there I picked up a special little item... it's charging at the moment... but I'll have a little write up in the next few days, once I pair it with the GPX 6000 and have a chance to use it... oh boys n goyles... I think you're gonna like this little gem...... stay tuned...

Jen

image.thumb.png.70661c534939ba18034e84a21b7d1b16.png

well chase you've really done your homework. thank you for your input and information.