New Permission - Old Farmhouse

Wow, nice!!

Β  Your killing the permissions! And finds! Hard for me to do that here! To many people distrustful these days, for good reason! Keep up the good work!! And be safe!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2

Great finds again, it does pay off when you can get permission to hunt these old places.

When I get back home from working out of state I have several places to hit up.

There is one place that I was able to hit before I let the state and HAVE to get back to it.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 3

Nice saves, That haul is pretty damn good. I'm sure you will find a bunch more at that old house. Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on some successful hunt results.Β  I really enjoy **most** permissions to hunt old home sites and have done well through the years until recently.Β  Got 'permission' to hunt an 88 year old property with a house built in 1933 on .52 Ac. lot.Β  I figured there would be a fair amount of older coins and small artifacts and plenty of silver coins to make for more than one enjoyable day.Β  Well, not one single silver coin yet.

No IndangΒ Heads, No Buffalo Nickels, Nothing really exciting than only 5 Wheat-BackΒ Cents with over 200 modern coins recovered so far.Β  The bad news is that it is a very slow producer and the only good news is that I bought the home in May and have been busy with a remodel.Β  So I have full-time / any-time 'permission' and won't give up trying to find something good.Β  However, I can only punish myself so much and have been busy working on getting the OK from folks to hunt their dated properties when the weather eases up a bit.Β  I have a good 'loaner unit' so I can invite them to join in the fun.

Monte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, Monte said:

Congratulations on some successful hunt results.Β  I really enjoy **most** permissions to hunt old home sites and have done well through the years until recently.Β  Got 'permission' to hunt an 88 year old property with a house built in 1933 on .52 Ac. lot.Β  I figured there would be a fair amount of older coins and small artifacts and plenty of silver coins to make for more than one enjoyable day.Β  Well, not one single silver coin yet.

No IndangΒ Heads, No Buffalo Nickels, Nothing really exciting than only 5 Wheat-BackΒ Cents with over 200 modern coins recovered so far.Β  The bad news is that it is a very slow producer and the only good news is that I bought the home in May and have been busy with a remodel.Β  So I have full-time / any-time 'permission' and won't give up trying to find something good.Β  However, I can only punish myself so much and have been busy working on getting the OK from folks to hunt their dated properties when the weather eases up a bit.Β  I have a good 'loaner unit' so I can invite them to join in the fun.

Monte

Thanks Monte.

This family has been here since the late 1600s. One of the family, the person who gave me the permissions, is buying back/inheriting some of the land that has been sold/left over the centuries. I've found a lot of great stuff on his properties, and share what I find with him, although he told me to keep what I find.

Not finding many silver coins has been somewhat frustrating, but when I do find them it's a joy. This whole area is known for its frugality. In one year I've only found 15 silver coins or parts thereof, from Spanish half Reales to a Trime. Only lately have I found newer silver coins in places I know have not ever been visited. These places are all within a mile of my house. At first I thought I might be doing something wrong, but have since learned that if it is there the Equinox will find it. The coins just aren't there, but learning to "read the land" helps a lot.

The one that gets me is the British Penny, I can't come up with a reason they would lose a 1907 in the front yard, maybe it was a lucky coin in a pocket on a clothesline. I found the 1958 D there too, along with a buffalo nickel and some newer wheats. The Mercury dime was under bushes at the side of the house.

With winter's defoliation this place will produce more finds.

• Like 3

Very nice permission to hunt on fer sure !

Unhunted land IS the best !

(I've heard some people will actually BUY a property to get a permission.πŸ™ƒ.hope there's a huge cache buried in the backyard !)Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

Very nice permission to hunt on fer sure !

Unhunted land IS the best !

(I've heard some people will actually BUY a property to get a permission.πŸ™ƒ.hope there's a huge cache buried in the backyard !)Β 

Thanks!

He gave me another permission yesterday, a field he owns next to an 1800s farmhouse. He doesn't own the farmhouse tho but it runs very close. 🀬 This house I hunted must have been built in the early 1900s, oldest coin I found there is the 1907 British penny. I did find a very old button next to the cornfield. I dug a pocketknife from a hotel that wasn't around after 1924. 20210811_121758.thumb.jpg.fa9e1559c849af97327edd628379b372.jpgThe place is so overgrown it's tough to navigate, there isn't much of a backyard and it's surrounded by impenetrable stuff right now. Hoping to get back there and on the side in late winter.

• Like 3

That 1907 English Penny may very well have been brought back as a souvenir by a returning WW1 soldier. Perhaps the landowner's Grandfather? Each item found has a story.

• Like 1