Great story!

Great job following the bedrock! Nice that it was shallow enough to do that! Nice haul! Hope to see more!!👍👍

• Like 1

Sounds like a great hunt, and wish you more luck in the future.

Like the picture of your finds and i know it took a lot of hard work to get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldmancoyote1 said:

After 3 years with a friend's DFX and 4 years with my own Makro Gold Racer, I finally found gold.  

Tried a new spot and a new technique.  I found 63 pieces in 5 days and my buddy found 81 working right next to me with a Gold Monster.

Well done now that you are on a roll. Here is your next challenge., Though it was more like five weeks or so not five days.😁
400 bits took the larger bit out.

49729659227_ce11145e11_o.thumb.jpg.3c5079bd02cb77b9ae54ec3171f57f01.jpg

To be fair I will give you till they get Cov 19 under control to do it. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, oldmancoyote1 said:

After 3 years with a friend's DFX and 4 years with my own Makro Gold Racer, I finally found gold.  

Tried a new spot and a new technique.  I found 63 pieces in 5 days and my buddy found 81 working right next to me with a Gold Monster.

My little VLF can't compete with the big iron, so I needed a new method.  I started digging where the bedrock went under the sand and gravel.  Following the bedrock along, I noted a few small spots of cemented gravel in cracks and holes in the bedrock.  Carefully excavating these gravel patches and detecting as I went let to a wonderful few days.

Just  detecting from the surface has proven to be a waste of my time.

247661147_63goldpieces.thumb.png.b667c03bf1b34d364cc13881d3d5c02c.png

So you are crevasing. Thats been going on out west since the middle 1800's. Nice work

On 8/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Joe D. said:

Great job following the bedrock! Nice that it was shallow enough to do that! Nice haul! Hope to see more!!👍👍

You are right.  I dug 6 more holes.  For 3 the bedrock went straight on down.  Based on this tiny sample, I will follow two rules:  1) I won't dig unless the site is sort of hemmed in by bedrock on at lest two sides (it's probably too deep if it isn't); and 2) I won't dig unless there is evidence someone got gold within a couple of feet (I will miss some gold, but I won't fail as often.).

• Like 4