Insane Chatter

Lachie

I have been prospecting in an area with a lot of old gold mines in North Queensland using a Nox 800. Generally the area is benign, being on gold 1 and sensitivity of around 20.in an area of about 3x3 km. I was Detecting in one area when the nox went into high level chatter. One next to Creek and one in the creek. Both areas were about 4x4 m, once I moved the detector away from the area every thing became normal with chatter normal. I noticed some black sands in the area. Could a concentration of this be causing the chatter. 

You are talking noise from the ground and not emi correct?  Then yes it’s possible the mineralization is causing the feed back.

strick 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A cell phone in your pocket can cause the EQX to act up.  If I'm getting excessive noise on my EQX the first thing I do is put my phone in airplane mode or shut it off completely. 

On 8/9/2021 at 4:59 AM, Lachie said:

Yes area has no emi miles from anywhere 

Gold 1 and Gold 2 are really hot, high gain modes which is great for small gold prospecting but can also cause problems when moving in and out of different levels of high mineralization. 

Going from wet highly mineralized ground to dry highly mineralized or from submerged to dry mineralized ground can be an adventure in those modes even when using tracking ground balance. When ground chatter happens, I manual ground balance/ground grab instead of using the default set tracking ground balance which is the default setting for the Gold Modes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Maybe it is hitting on high concentration of gold ore. Time for the backhoe!!

Well I am kind of not kidding. Big return/interference in the middle of nowhere. What else could it be?  Now I understand other metals can be involved with gold ore.  But makes ya go hummmm. 

• Like 1