Bipod For Equinox Coiltek 10x5 And Possible Relief For "trigger Finger"

A lot of you are gonna get the Coiltek 10x5 coil, and some of you are going to be irritated like I am that the Equinox falls over when you set it down.

Went on Amazon and found the cheapest/ lightest rifle bipod I could find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M0A1RB5 

It would be terrible for a rifle, but it's great for the Equinox. The legs fold out, and while they can get in the way when swinging the detector, I find I'm pretty comfortable using them open. It only weighs about 8 ounces. The best part of it is the clamp, it can be used universally, even on my new carbon fiber shaft. The legs are removable from the clamp block via a thumbscrew.20210809_090040.thumb.jpg.4695703c46ae1a87227bc83e4c35b4e9.jpg

20210809_090143.thumb.jpg.4e253e649b76e0155af33528f9e6e3b9.jpg

Another benefit it seems to provide is enough counterweight to relive trigger finger, I've been having a lot of problems with my right ring finger locking up at night. It's a lot better now. The clamp is probably steel, so don't tighten it too much and hit it with WD-40 now and again to keep it from rusting.

• Like 4

Thanks for the idea as it looks like it will do the job.

Did you try it on the side so that it would not hurt the coil if it was loose?

I just thought it might be more stable with it on the side instead of the tip of the coil is why I am asking.

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Thanks for the idea as it looks like it will do the job.

Did you try it on the side so that it would not hurt the coil if it was loose?

I just thought it might be more stable with it on the side instead of the tip of the coil is why I am asking.

I agree, it would still keep the control head out of the mud and sand. 🤔 It might also not interfere with swing. I can think of spots where the control head might pull it over tho.

Good idea! 👍

• Like 1