Want A Cheap Minelab - Move To The Mideast or Africa

I was poking around on the web and came across the webpage of Depar Detectors - the Turkish company who are Minelab's distributors for the region. My oh my. Some bargains to be had on genuine product

GPX 5000 - $2500

Maybe you already have the rod, battery and coils - Main Unit only - $1800

Only hitch is no sales to Europe, North America or Australia.

Again, this is ML's distributor, not Chinese pirate crap!

http://www.depardetector.com/trademark/Minelab/13

In December, the GPX 4500 was on special for $1771 - with three coils.

post-3-0-71175200-1455293809_thumb.jpeg

Yes, it's US Dollars - the website is clear on that, the ad had a funky $ at the end. If you check the prices of - for example the XP Deus - youmwill see that it is "normal" not "half price" like the GPX stuff.

I'm not moving, but if I had known about this when I was in Abu Dhabi in August, I'd have a GPX now!

It's all about the African gold rush's dynamics. They buy detectors as tools, not toys. It's like a shovel, you don't buy another one till you lose break the first one. Also it looks like they figured out that for what they're doing, the much cheaper VLF machine can find the gold bearing areas and then 20 of your friends with shovels can get to work.

Another factor is Minelab's need for cash. The parent corporation's radio and mine safety businesses are't pulling it in and detectors have to feed the whole corporation.

Heck Rick

Over on Rob's forum I have my 4500 new with three coils and Doc's gold Screamer for 2200.00. I'll ship free to lower 48.

Oh that is American dollars.I purchase it from Rob the end of Aug. 2015..

Chuck

Hey Chuck - that's a smoking deal!

My Post is just intended to show how tough the African market has gotten. If you don't believe that it's important to detector makers, just ask Reno Chris - First Texas brought him over there a few years ago and right now their top two marketing guys are on a trip there.

It seems to be mostly,ML product which is so cheap. Other brands prices are more normal.

White's had came out with a simple TDI SL and they couldn't sell it I believe to African.. Then they had it in storage for maybe a year are more. Then they ask Jimmy Sierra if he would sell them. He put his name on it and called it Sierra Pulse Pro ( SPP ) for short. It works great and light weight but loves batteries. Any coil that will work on a GPX Minelab will work on it but oddly not so the other way.

Chuck