Fun With The GPX 6000

Nothing but great finds from both of you, congrats on the finds and the tale on them.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Northeast  

It’s great to hear from you that you show to be a happy camper with your 6000 . Where some others have been on the downside of the 6000 .

I don’t care what detector your using it takes time in the field to know and hear what it’s trying to tell you. I found out long ago how important one little boot scrape can make on a signal your not so sure of .

Thanks so much for you and Gold Catcher show & tell.

Northeast as soon they finish that bridge I plan on driving down and digging for you.

Take care!

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good finds you guy's, just got the 6 myself, haven't had a chance to get out yet, can't wait.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It’s great to hear from you that you show to be a happy camper with your 6000

Thanks Chuck, I'm really enjoying it.  Looking forward to being able to head a bit further afield and try out some different ground but so far, so good.  

19 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Northeast as soon they finish that bridge I plan on driving down and digging for you.

Happy to dig a few holes for you too Chuck  😉

• Like 2

Fantastic finds NorthEast and glad you are taking a liking to the GPX-6000. 

Specimen gold is always hard to see for PI detectors and yes this machine is certainly doing a fine job.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

• Like 1

With the 6000 it takes a while to train your brain to listen to the quieter rock solid threshold and not all the little pitch changes, it is what I call a busy detector and can take some getting used to coming from a 7k or a muffled 5K. Do not be afraid to lower the sensitivity to half to smooth things out then slowly increase from there once you have your ear in. 

The 5k out of the box has its Stabilizer control set to half way (10, equivalent to High Audio Smoothing on the 7K), this artificially smooths out detector behaviour and is akin to running the 6K on about 2 or 3 (sort of, the sensitivity control on the 6K is more complex than that oversimplification).

Good going on the gold Northeast 😊 

JP

• Like 2