GPX 17 Coil Commentary

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I have only been able to swing the 6000 with the 17 inch coil

Still no news on Oz availability JP?  

Probably for another thread but you're obviously finding the 17" better weight wise?  Ground noise handling?  EMI?  On the small stuff?  Still picking up the tiny lead shot or has it weeded these out?  

Cheers 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I think this is a timely reminder of just how much DP forum means to us collectively, and the amount of unseen work that Steve does in the background. I personally could care less about Google rankings (Steve probably does if the forum makes him money I suppose) but do care when my favourite site is on the blink. 

Here’s to sending good luck vibes and lots of gold finds moments to Steve wherever he is. 😊 OH and BTW Steve was 100% correct about the GPX6000 with the GPX17 coil, I’ve managed to injure my arm recently (really bad tennis elbow from swinging big heavy coils for way too many years) so as it mends I have only been able to swing the 6000 with the 17 inch coil. That combination is right up there for THE best rigs I have ever used for prospecting/patch hunting. 😃 

JP

2 weeks of very casual detecting/prospecting in new ground, around on 3 ounces. 

172406A0-0253-418C-A8AA-7CB22BFD779A.thumb.jpeg.9b52ab537eec46f5f4ab84c5eaf7a663.jpeg

Right on JP!  Any of those big chunks come at good depth?

Tomorrow I pick up a 17 x 13 mono coil for the GPX6000 in Adelaide, South Australia. Only 2 available in this first delivery which have already been snapped up - so looks like stock will be slowly rationed out. Just wish i could get to NSW or Victoria to give it a better try out than the flogged fields in SA.

Nah don`t go, send it downunder to a neglected ML super supporter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Hiiiiiiiiiii guys!!!! So glad DP is back online. Thanks whoever fixed it. Joined Prospecting Australia in the meantime as I had already given up after daily tries to log in. It's an ok forum, but just not the same as DP. I got my 17 but thus far was unable to use it due to all the wildfires and the crazy weather/smoke. But I have my full face respirator ready for this weekend because I WILL go !

17.JPG

how much was it ?:biggrin: :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Nah don`t go, send it downunder to a neglected ML super supporter.

Patience young chap, good things come to those who wait 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I think this is a timely reminder of just how much DP forum means to us collectively, and the amount of unseen work that Steve does in the background. I personally could care less about Google rankings (Steve probably does if the forum makes him money I suppose) but do care when my favourite site is on the blink. 

Here’s to sending good luck vibes and lots of gold finds moments to Steve wherever he is. 😊 OH and BTW Steve was 100% correct about the GPX6000 with the GPX17 coil, I’ve managed to injure my arm recently (really bad tennis elbow from swinging big heavy coils for way too many years) so as it mends I have only been able to swing the 6000 with the 17 inch coil. That combination is right up there for THE best rigs I have ever used for prospecting/patch hunting. 😃 

JP

2 weeks of very casual detecting/prospecting in new ground, around on 3 ounces. 

172406A0-0253-418C-A8AA-7CB22BFD779A.thumb.jpeg.9b52ab537eec46f5f4ab84c5eaf7a663.jpeg

Righto JP this holding the 6K 17 coil supply off from the rest of us in OZ just because you want to flog all our spots is totally selfish, even somewhat corrupt. I'll forgive you if you send me a 6K 17 coil pleeeeeze....

• Haha 9