GPX 17 Coil Commentary

Interesting results with the DD coil Steve, that ground must be pretty bad as I would not have considered the way the DD is configured on the GPX6000 to be that much different than the mono coils in bad ground. Did you by chance do a comparison between EMI and Salt mode? In my experience I’ve found salt to have better performance over variable ground compared to Cancel mode. Edit: In Difficult mode.

JP

• Like 3

Steve said.  Your own ground rules, not mine. 

Ain't that the truth. Our grounds are not all equal. So you need to work out what works for you & your conditions. You can't go entirely off others settings & coil selections. They can be a guide but not hard & fast.

Greg 🙂 

This would have to be the best informative post about the 6000 yet 
Thanks to Steve and JP for giving us all a better understanding just what the 6000 can and cant do and what coil does what.
Great Post Steve 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

strick has done his excellent X-rays inside the GPX 6000 coils now, he's put them into his awesome "What's in your coil" thread.

You can see the dreaded chip in the coils too 🙂

• Like 2

Yup, this is what was called partially spiral wound, instead of being laid out completely flat like a fully spiral there is a layer of flat windings over another layer of flat windings.

• Like 3