GPX 17 Coil Commentary

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hmmm, I like that strategy JP. OK, GPX 6000 sucks, I admit it now. Rick is right, testers should be shot, and Minelab burned to the ground. :laugh:

And don’t forget all the back yarders who are beavering away designing add ons that will make it work properly because ML don’t know 💩 from clay, or who delve into its windings and allude ML have copied someone’s ideas. 🤨 🥱 😒 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Maybe strick can x-ray one with his funky machine and verify it.

Hey no making fun of my x Ray equipment lol... for 42k I could have had lots of detectors 🙂  as soon as I get my hands on a 6 k the x rays will start flying...if someone don’t beat me to it first. 

Strick

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hmmm, I like that strategy JP. OK, GPX 6000 sucks, I admit it now. The rubber headphone cover coming open by accident - unforgivable! Rick is right, testers should be shot, and Minelab burned to the ground!!! :laugh:

Nah Nah you ML testers leave ML alone they make gold detectors that find gold.

35 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

And don’t forget all the back yarders who are beavering away designing add ons that will make it work properly because ML don’t know 💩 from clay, or who delve into its windings and allude ML have copied someone’s ideas. 🤨 🥱 😒 

And also ML testers, leave us backyarders alone, we find gold with those crappy inferior ML detectors and the superior add ons we improve them with...........🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

I haven't heard anyone who actually is using the 6000 say it's not worth the money. That should speak for itself.

This seems overlooked also:

Minelab Part# 3011-0427 GPX 6000 17 coil, U.S. internet price $360

Replacement GPZ 7000 14 coil, $989

GPZ 7000 19 coil $1500

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had my 6000 out for a few times and I’d be hard pressed to find much of anything to disagree with on anything the early reporters have said. it’s crazy sensitive to all targets including the tiniest gold and stuff, fast to setup and I can swing it from sun up to sun down (in the heat) and quit because I can’t see where I’m digging, it is as it was described exactly, lol and the trash to gold ratio isn’t screen size dependent.

waiting for the larger coil and to get the second battery a minor annoyance although I think Minelab would better serve its customers adjusting the price and include the second battery from the factory with the 6000 you need it, after finally getting one it was nice not quitting hours before sun down. 

I have not used the supplied headphones or the external speaker the little Bluetooth device from Amazon and my eBay Bose ear buds are working perfect for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This seems overlooked also:

Minelab Part# 3011-0427 GPX 6000 17 coil, U.S. internet price $360

Replacement GPZ 7000 14 coil, $989

GPZ 7000 19 coil $1500

NF-Zsearch: $1200

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

NF-Zsearch: $1200

XCoils (in Australia) $1600+

• Like 2

• The title was changed to GPX 17 Coil Commentary

When i used to work in Papua New Guinea the local saying was "expect the unexpected" which i think applies to metal detecting - you continue to learn and be surprised.

Yesterday three of us decided to test the GPX6000 with 11 inch mono, 14 inch DD and 17 inch mono and GPZ7000 with 14 inch stock coil at a local test site that has targets in situ for a number of years.

We were particularly interested in the deepest target that was buried at 400mm (about 16 inches) representing a large deep nugget.

The 7000 could not detect it in difficult setting only in normal setting -  i was told by the owner of the 7000 that normal is not his preferred setting.

The 6000 could not detect this deep target  with the 11 inch and even the 17 inch (we tried all settings)   - but get this - the 14 inch DD with EMI cancel on could hear it as good as (if not better) than the 7000 in normal mode . We were not expecting this result.

We though about this for a moment and the only conclusion we could come to was that the high environmental EMI was affecting the performance of the other coils & favoured the DD coil.

Any other thoughts as to why we had this result?

• Like 5