My Best 9 Ever? 14k/star Sapphire

Beautiful ring. 👍 You can get one of these to test stones, it won't tell the difference between a lab diamond or Moisannite, but it works good and is cheap. Sadly I dug a diamond earring that turned out to be a CZ.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MTG5NHJ

This or any of the clones in this genre should work well. Luckily my wife has a few real diamonds and Moisannites to test. 😀 Follow the instructions to the letter and fakes will be shown as fakes.

• Thanks 2

Beautiful star sapphire. Great find. 

• Thanks 1

That sure is a nice looking ring!!  My wife would have ripped my fingers off trying to get it out of my hand. She's on parole after tossing a pricey Tiffany ring in the garbage. Hope the sands yield some more goodies for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Way to go Mitchel! A great score there.

No point prospecting for little dinks when you can pull that sort of thing up right near home 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome blue star sapphire. Shows you what is sitting down deep. I wonder how many smaller rings we miss at 12" Great find. 

• Like 1

Mike,

I use the 800/15 just about all the time on the beach any more.  I use no discrimination in Beach 1 at 23 sensitivity.  I've learned that deep targets at first can often be a negative number.  I use 50 tones mostly but I have been known to go down to 5.  I stick with that even in very wet sand but I do have another setting I took from King of Bling which is Beach 2 and 2 tone which I crank up to 25.  I can walk faster with that one.  The other one I have to listen for low tones which I have increased my iron tones to 10 ... maybe I should increase that volume even more.

Mitchel

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

It is stunning.

Stunning indeed, Mitchel! I hope your luck spills over to me too the next time we go hunting together 🙂

• Thanks 1

Beautiful ring, great hunting skills and glad to see you pass some knowledge my way.

If you could please send it to me for a better look I would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3