Some Alaska Gold

Nice finds & have to agree with the scrape & detect mythology on the smaller type gold when the bigger gold has already been cleaned out. How did the 6000 do on this? I don't seem to have seen anything mentioned by you on how the 6000 did for you on your Alaska trip. Not even a photo, or is that still coming? Cheers. 🙂

• Like 2

I was happy with the results with the GPX 6000. I used it the most, and it produced the bulk of my gold on the trip. However, since I was involved in the development of the machine, I decided to take a back seat on commenting about it. It’s inevitably seen as promotion, and I’m sure Minelab marketing does not need my help. Best to listen to regular retail purchasers of the detector, of whom there are plenty on this forum. I said pretty much all I intend to say about the GPX 6000 in this post back in May.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply & that link. I have always appreciated your up front, honest & unbiased opinion on detectors over the years so I was surprised you had not shared anything of your experience with the 6000 on your Alaskan adventure. I was so looking forward to you doing so.

I have been using a 6000 here in New Zealand for over 2 months with good results with the 11" mono coil. Nothing overly deep & nothing over 1 gram & not very deep. Nothing deeper than 4". My GPZ 7000 seems to have done a good job on deeper bits & larger bits. I will admit that in 15 times out with the 6000 I have yet to not come home with no gold. All be it pretty small. I have not yet tried the 14" DD but may need to to see if it gives me a bit more depth. I wish Minelab had made a 14" mono coil & I guess there will be those that wish they had also made a 11"DD.

I am waiting for a 17" mono coil to arrive to give me a shot at anything that may be at depth that the 7000 missed. That will be very interesting. There doesn't seem to be much out there with results or thoughts from people using the 17".

Cheers. Dig4gold. (Greg)   

• Like 4