Garrett Goldmaster 24K In Alaska

The 24K looks like a good choice for those of us that are disappointed in the "revamped " GB2's future.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the looks of the machine. Looks comfortable to swing. I had a pair of those stow away headphones and not a fan of the location of the volume switch. Wonder why they don't ship it with the MS-2's?

• Like 1

Steve:  Thanks for a nice writeup on the Garrett 24k and your experiences.  I am glad to learn that it is a very capable machine and that Whites coils will interchange.  I look forward to more on your experiences with this machine. 🙂

• Like 1

Steve, knowing you headed north to enjoy some of the summer-time I just knew you would be reporting on the 'new' GM 24K .... and I appreciate your post.    I'm also pleased that Garrett didn't sit back and do nothing, instead bringing out one of the better detectors from White's in their waning years.  I do miss the tan color, however.

Congrats of your success.

Monte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Steve:  One other question:  did you find all of you gold with the larger default factory supplied coil shown in your picture?

Yes, all was found with stock 6x10 DD coil. I’ll add a note to clarify that in the original post.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Monte said:

Steve, knowing you headed north to enjoy some of the summer-time I just knew you would be reporting on the 'new' GM 24K .... and I appreciate your post.    I'm also pleased that Garrett didn't sit back and do nothing, instead bringing out one of the better detectors from White's in their waning years.  I do miss the tan color, however.

Congrats of your success.

Monte

Thanks Monte,

Yeah, the tan hides the dirt better, as my photos prove. :smile:

Coils that work with Garrett 24K, if you can find them....

whites-search-coils-goldmaster-24k-garrett-compatible.jpg

• Like 3

I personally like the  black look better-:cool: I sold my whites 24 k but the guy only wanted the stock coil setup so if anyone is interested in a 6 inch concentric with cover and a 4x6 coil with cover both lighty used-Ill let them both go  for $300 shipped in the lower 48 PM me here if interested-Thx :ph34r: PS- will also trade for a nuggetfinder 17 elliptical evo mono coil or a 15 rnd evo mono coilthumbnail_IMG_0238.jpg.c67d32a33af486ff737d686c7b87ded0.jpg

• Like 1