Garrett Goldmaster 24K In Alaska

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Surely if you wanted to order one, they would take the order? Even if that means a wait until they make and get their next stocking order. If not… can’t say much about their desire to do business.

Well, I asked if they're going to bring any in as I wanted to buy one, the expected response I would have thought is we could put one in with our next order for you but the response above is what I got. My option is to buy overseas and forfeit any warranty as shipping back to the US for a warranty claim is just not viable with shipping costs so high and import duties and so on.   Their reasoning is likely they think it won't sell well in our market with not enough prospectors looking for gold with detectors I guess where as coin and jewellery detecting being more popular so they bring in those models.    Buying from USA means I'll end up paying hugely over the market price for one, many hundreds more than if I was able to buy one locally and I'd have no warranty.  It's a tough situation to be in and why it's just easier to buy other brands.  Disappointing as I'd love to have a Garrett 24k.

I could go buy an Ace, AT series, Pro Pointer or Apex right now though, and as you can see I have, I have two Aces and an AT Gold and three Pro Pointer's 🙂  The models that they think will sell are accessible so I can't really blame the dealer.  The downside of being in a small market, I go through this all the time with some brands, the only really easily accessible ones are Minelab and Nokta.

• Like 1

Simon ,,, with us Garett Goldmaster is currently available to order ..:wink:

https://www.garrett.cz/detektor-kovu-garrett-goldmaster-ean1142650.php

The expected availability of the Goldmaster is intended for October 2021 ...

https://www.garrett.cz/

... It's not far, so I'll order the Goldmaster soon and wait... until October.👍:smile:

....I believe that it will be similar in other countries in the world ...

I believe that this Garrett goldmaster has a strong potential ... it is more or less the latest high-frequency model of the gold detector ... that Whites really relied on during its development ... and in my opinion moved the detection capabilities further forward ..👍

• Like 1

Yes, I'm firmly of the belief it's the best gold prospecting VLF available, it is loaded with features, designed well and now Garrett has taken the reigns its status as the best prospecting VLF will be realized across the world.  White's was more restrictive where they were sold by comparison and Garrett is Worldwide. 

I envy you a lot El Nino, you're lucky to have access to one! 🙂  I look forward to hearing how you go with it. 

Garrett also has no problems with aftermarket coil manufacturers making coils for their detectors so in the near future I'm sure there will be a large range of coils for it from the aftermarket companies too and that will really put it a long way ahead of the competition.

• Like 1

Garrett has now come to my assistance and resolved my problem so I'll have a 24k soon, what a great company to deal with. It looks like we'll both be swinging one soon El Nino, I really look forward to giving it a good workout.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Garrett has now come to my assistance and resolved my problem so I'll have a 24k soon, what a great company to deal with. It looks like we'll both be swinging one soon El Nino, I really look forward to giving it a good workout.

That's great news Simon.Are you going to  try to get the 6'' old  white's coil or are  you going to wait for the   new coils?A 3 by 6 inch snake coil would be nice to compared to the fat and   hollow  White's 4 by 6 coil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dances With Doves said:

That's great news Simon.Are you going to  try to get the 6'' old  white's coil or are  you going to wait for the   new coils?A 3 by 6 inch snake coil would be nice to compared to the fat and   hollow  White's 4 by 6 coil.

Yes, it's fantastic news, I would rather wait for Garrett to release their coils for it.  My experience with Garrett manufactured coils so far has been very good, rock solid coils.  I would not be surprised if Garrett improve the coils in some way too over the Whites versions.

I should be able to run my SAT on low in my milder soils and lock in the ground balance with a decent level of gain and do well with it.   I hear with the Garrett stock coil you can really scrub the ground without it being bump sensitive which will be a very welcome change and helpful for getting the tiny bits.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, EL NINO77 said:

When searching for strongly subgram targets, it is better to use detectors that work at a significantly higher frequency than 20 khz..i ... because they have a native better sensitivity to very small targets ... ,, and at the same time they do not have to be just gold nuggets ,, but it can also be a small low-conductivity jewelry .. where, for example, 2 x higher frequency means 2 x more practical range ....

You simply cannot replace a detector operating at 48khz ... with a detector operating only at 14-20 khz on very small targets .....

...Similarly, it will be poorly detectable targets, where the target is relatively large enough ... but a detector operating at 14-20 khz almost does not detect it ...

....For example, this earring is detectable at 14khz and at 1.3- 1.5cm ..max ../MXT PRO-7"DD coil/ .... when using a detector operating at 40 khz .. it is not a problem to get another signal at 4cm to 4.5cm  !!!...IMG_20201020_010234.thumb.jpg.d4a015fd1f1f0ac185adff4b4fe8703c.jpg

I cannot tell if that is yellow or white gold but I have a 3mm 10k earring that looks like that and that is about as tough as they come for a  machine to  pick them up.A 9 shot hits better then that target. You have bragging rights if you find one of them and a huge  challenge for one trying to find one. Everything has to be just right for success.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I cannot tell if that is yellow or white gold but I have a 3mm 10k earring that looks like that and that is about as tough as they come for a  machine to  pick them up.A 9 shot hits better then that target. You have bragging rights if you find one of them and a huge  challenge for one trying to find one. Everything has to be just right for success.

I forgot  to mention my earring is  white gold and came with a silicone earring back instead of a gold one.

This is fantastic news!  Great review, Steve. I for one am hoping that they will eventually bring back the TRX Pin Pointer.  Because it reads off the tip, it's more sensitive to small pieces of gold than any other on the market, including their Garrett “Carrot”.  This is because all others have the same 360-degree Detection Field.  This is a big coil versus small coil scenario, I presume.  It’s the only one that will find a 1.5 grainer that I have! I know there are folks out there that would buy one immediately, if they were available.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, Bohemia Miner said:

This is fantastic news!  Great review, Steve. I for one am hoping that they will eventually bring back the TRX Pin Pointer.  Because it reads off the tip, it's more sensitive to small pieces of gold than any other on the market, including their Garrett “Carrot”.  This is because all others have the same 360-degree Detection Field.  This is a big coil versus small coil scenario, I presume.  It’s the only one that will find a 1.5 grainer that I have! I know there are folks out there that would buy one immediately, if they were available.

The only way I see that happening would be a via concerted lobbying effort by those who think that’s a good idea, so do call or write Garrett if that’s something you desire. I use a scoop personally for small nuggets, so I have to admit it’s a non-issue for me. The only time I use a pinpointer when nugget hunting is with a PI chasing a large deep target, that will likely be a nail. But sometimes….. :smile:

garrett-pro-pointer-ganes-creek-nugget.jpg

• Like 6