Silver Umax On It's Way

On 8/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, GB_Amateur said:

DoD recommended when cherry picking silver, to set the discrimination high (he did say above nickels).  What about discriminating out small aluminum when hunting in dense aluminum trash such as around picnic tables where there are oodles of pulltabs (old style and new style)?  Does this kind of trashy area give the Tesoro+concentric an advantage over a ML Eqx 800 or similar modern digital detector?  (I'm willing to miss the jewelry -- my typical old coin detecting concession.)

never hunted with the ex 800,but hunt with my "Mojave" all the time with high disc.
the Tesoro will find stuff in iron and aluminum just fine! they "recover" fast enough to separate well in the "junk!'

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• 10 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, GB_Amateur said:

DoD recommended when cherry picking silver, to set the discrimination high (he did say above nickels).  What about discriminating out small aluminum when hunting in dense aluminum trash such as around picnic tables where there are oodles of pulltabs (old style and new style)?  Does this kind of trashy area give the Tesoro+concentric an advantage over a ML Eqx 800 or similar modern digital detector?  (I'm willing to miss the jewelry -- my typical old coin detecting concession.)

the short answer is yes! Tesoro will be silent when set high with an occasional "crackle" on larger junk. you will find coins amongst the aluminum. Tesoro's are a ton of fun with a small concentric on board!

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• Like 1