Minelab GPX 6000 Gold - Videos Enclosed

good job guys....!!!!!!

• Like 1

Nice gold on those hunts, thanks for sharing.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Appreciate you taking the time to make those good videos...thats one thing that separates you from other dealers. I will eventually buy a 6k but in no big hurry as I already have a 7k and my stupid job keeps me pinned down while I would rather be out screwing off looking for gold nuggets. The nugget you shown in the second video was quite large...had you been over that with the 7k and did not hear it? You mentioned using both detectors. That 6k emi sensitivity is something I will have to get used to lol

strick 

• Like 2

Hello All and Strick,

We are using both detectors, one (Minelab GPZ 7000)  to make sure we didn't leave anything potentially deep and the other (Minelab GPX 6000) to clean up any small pieces overlooked.  

We are using a placering method, which means if you find gold in a wash for example, you can come back and remove all the larger rocks/cobbles by tossing them to the sides or behind you and digging and raking until you hit bedrock.  Once you get down to bedrock or near, you start detecting that ground.  For the most part, gold nuggets are at or near bedrock. 

We have searched a lot of the tossed out material, normally all overburden and never found any nuggets, just iron rubbish and such.  

This method can be used even with a drywasher and vac-pac if there are enough smaller gold and fines.  In this area, the really small gold is minimal and not worth the effort to run buckets.  

You have to figure out the ground by testing, but spending hours or even days running material that is not productive is not worth my time and effort.  

Keep in mind, not all locations will warrant this type of placering.  You can toss rocks, shovel and rake for hours down to bedrock and not find a single piece of gold.  I will only use this method when I have found a number of nuggets in a small concentration, then I will work that section.  

There are several really good Youtube Channels out there that will show this type of placering and detecting.  Check out "I brake for bedrock" channel, these two great friends use the same method that myself and others use to work dry wash beds that contain gold/gold nuggets.

P.S.  Yes, the EMI on the GPX 6000 can be a pain.  The best method is to try tuning often if needed to keep the EMI to a minimal amount.  If you are close to any EMI source, then there isn't too much you can do besides maybe lower the sensitivity down, moving to the DD coil and such.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

P.S.  Yes, the EMI on the GPX 6000 can be a pain.  The best method is to try tuning often if needed to keep the EMI to a minimal amount.  If you are close to any EMI source, then there isn't too much you can do besides maybe lower the sensitivity down, moving to the DD coil and such. 

Are you using the external speaker or headphones?

• Like 1

Hey Sheppo,

I prefer headphones for the best signal response to very small or faint, deep targets.  I really only use an external speaker when I'm doing some videos stuff or training.  The nice thing about the GPX 6000 is you can use headphones or the external speaker, the GPZ 7000 does not have an external speaker option.  

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Like 1