Picked Up Used TDI Sl...

chiil

Hello everyone!  I'm new to the forum and have been an on-again, off-again DFX user for the last ten years (family, kids, work, life, yada yada yada).  I picked up a used TDI SL special edition.  Figured since we moved to Colorado back in 2014 - why not?  I had always wanted one and this one came with a few coils and a Li-Ion converted pack.

I wanted to ask - I went out to the backyard to give it a run through.  Found a few nails scattered through the yard.  However, I noticed I could not use any type of ground balance, as the machine would start to 'pulse' in my ear and sometimes increase in intensity like a feedback loop.  If I completely turned off ground balance, it wasn't an issue.  I came to find out that the closer I was to my service panel, it would increase.  This would make sense since the power lines most likely pass underground through my backyard.

My question is: are there any concerns with damaging the front-end receiver on the TDI SL?  It was rather alarming when I flipped on ground balance.

Thanks in advance!

Gabe

• 3 weeks later...