Video: Some Golddetectors Tested By Rookies In Swiss Creek Gravels, Minelab Goldmonster 1000, Minelab Gpz7000, Garret Atx, White's Goldmaster Gmt, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq

And

Hello detector prospectors,

last May, a group of gold prospecting friends and me tested and compared our gold detectors at a creek in Switzerland. We are experienced gold prospectors, but no detector experts. We use our detectors to check our spots, where we hand-sluiced etc. i.e. we check the freshly opened bedrock or clay layers. So we don't need to optimize our detector settings for absolute maximum depth etc. We rather switch them on briefly to check after a long hand-sluicing day or so, when we are tired and have no "fresh brain" to really optimize settings etc. But it works very well to find hidden pickers in bedrock crevices or clay.

So as we are no detector experts, you may cut us some slack for our rookie mistakes. But we tested honestly and simply show, what we did.

The creek gravels in Switzerland have low mineralization, so the results may be different to USA or Australia gravels.

I was personally surprised and impressed by the old Tesoro Lobo Super Traq and the Whites Goldmaster GMT. Funny: when I planned to do this post, I had in my mind to maybe buy a "new old" Whites Goldmaster GMT, because my old broke. I guess I would prefer it to the Goldmonster, after this tests... But unfortunately, White's Electronics closed. Than I read the post about the new Garret Goldmaster 24k, which is great news for me...

But anyway, here is the video. I hope you don't kick me out because of our rookie mistakes 😄. Enjoy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, seeing it's an hour video I'll watch that one on TV with some snacks later 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks, seeing it's an hour video I'll watch that one on TV with some snacks later 🙂

Yeah, that's an excellent idea. I hope you enjoy, you maybe will be laughing at me at some places 😅

• Like 1