Simplex Buggy After Downgrade To 2.77 (FIXED)

Decided to try the downgrade from 2.78 to 2.77. The Nokta tool said it was successful but warned that I was downgrading. Everything seems to work fine until I connect the wireless headphones. After a few minutes the Simplex will lock up and have to be forced off. Without the headphones connected it works fine. I also noticed that with 2.77 it will not let me do a factory reset. Upgrading back to 2.78 fixes all these issues. I've downloaded the 2.77 update several times with three different web browsers with the same results. Anybody else had trouble after downgrading? Not sure if Nokta is hosting a bad 2.77 rom image or if I need to send this thing in for repairs.

• Oh my! 1

Also forgot to mention that after the 2.77 downgrade I had trouble with any computer recognizing the detector when it was plugged in. It would only work occasionally. Once I was finally able to flash it back to 2.78 it is recognized every time it is plugged in. 

I had no problems changing to the v2.77 .. I have wired waterproof headset .. maybe that makes a difference, but I don't know .. IMO the v2.77 is the better of the two .. at least it makes the machine run like I believe it should, getting the most from under the coil .. I was really unimpressed when I bought the simplex with the v2.78, there seemed to be a 'wall' (I don't know how else to describe it) which wouldn't allow the machine to detect anything deeper, or at least report anything deeper .. and I was thinking of selling it, until I made the switch .. now I kind of like it for what I use it for.

• Like 1

Probably a silly question, but can you still do the factory reset on 2.77? I thought it was weird that mine would only do that with 2.78. With 2.77, it just boots up normally if I hold the pinpoint and settings buttons.

• Like 1

after I get to thinking about it .. it took me three tries to get it to upload .. then on the third try it went smoothly .. I had forgotten about that .. not sure why that was or if that has anything to do with your situation

The repair center is wanting a video of what's happening. Going to reflash 2.77 so I can document this stuff. I think my board might be messed up. The ability to factory reset shouldn't dissapear.

• Like 1